I need a support group

Morrisetta H.
on 6/10/04 3:13 pm - Tacoma, WA
I live in Tacoma and I know there is a support group at St joseph Hospital but I don't know when and what time. If you know could you email me and let me know because I am a week post op and I am on clear liquids for another 3 weeks and I am feeling blue. Morrisetta
Paige A.
on 6/10/04 3:19 pm - gig harbor, WA
hi again morrisetta, suppert group meets 1st and 3rd tuesday of each month in the back half of the cafeteria. ive only gone to one so far but will be there next tuesday. hope to see you there...paige andrea
Morrisetta H.
on 6/10/04 3:26 pm - Tacoma, WA
Thanks paige I will be there but could you tell me the time. And where do you park?
Paige A.
on 6/10/04 3:30 pm - gig harbor, WA
starts at 7pm-9pm...but it didnt last that long. i parked in the back lot but i had to go all the way thru to the front of the building. so park in front. Paige
Paige A.
on 6/10/04 3:32 pm - gig harbor, WA
so im wondering at one week out if you are still in pain, and on pain medication...
Iridescense
on 6/10/04 3:35 pm - university place, WA
In reading the posts I learned something. I am just beginning to pursue wls and I have researched the St Josephs web site for meeting information. Their site only states that there are meetings on the first tuesday of the month. So I "assumed" that I would have to wait until July, meanwhile I researched and found some other meetings that meet at St Clare in lakewood and at St Fransiscan in federal way. I even missed one of those this week. I am going to have to get off my duff (I have spent a lot of time on the internet researching every aspect of this till I could write a book on it (if I had any memory to speak of that is)). lol Anyway thank you for sharing is benefiting more than one person today. :P Cindy
Paige A.
on 6/10/04 3:42 pm - gig harbor, WA
hi cindy...have you gone to a seminar yet? they are veryy informative. i recommend dr. oh from federal way. he is my surgeon and ive heard that he is the best in the state. Paige
Iridescense
on 6/11/04 5:36 am - university place, WA
Hi paige, No I haven't gone to a seminar yet. I'm going to call for info on one either this afternoon or early on Monday. I keep procrastinating because I'm afraid to get the denial from my insurance company when we begin the process. They have a solid exclusion against it. But since its a policy run through WSFC either they or their administrators for the plan can (if they are willing) make an exception. I'm waiting for my H to contact all of the different agencies (whom he has some inner connections with) to see if he can pull some strings. I guess I shouldn't procrastinate out of fear. I just want this more than I've ever wanted anything for myself in my life. And since my want list is very, very rarely fullfilled, I'm terrified. Enough of my cowardly whining about that, it's in God's hands and I will have to deal with that even though my heart and brain are argueing for immediate acceptance. Back to the subject at hand I guess since someone is asking me about it I have got to be accountable to myself and make the call. I'll update when I do.
Most Active