I got my surgery date!

sassy
on 6/10/04 8:02 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
Monday 02 AUG is my surgery date, I just got off of the phone with general surgery. My surgeon is going to be DR. Carter, NOT Dr. Eggebrotten. Okay, someone slap me, I am numb, do I laugh, do I cry, do I do the hokey pokey?? I need direction!!!!!!! What do I do other than wait!!! *sigh*
Iridescense
on 6/10/04 11:25 am - university place, WA
Congratulations, I'm very happy for you and I wish you the very best. Hang in there the wait seems like a long time today, but in actuality it's not that far away. Though I'm not there yet I can only imagine reliving the feeling most of us felt on Christmas eve when we were children.
Rachael E.
on 6/10/04 11:26 am
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO happy for you Renee'!!!!!!!!
JustHat
on 6/10/04 5:09 pm - NM
That is too cool. And, so fast. As for what to do while waiting, try and avoid those people that aren't getting in so fast. They just might kick you in the shin. Aug. seems like so far away. But, it really isn't. It seems going off base wouldn't have been much better for you. And, your going to have the luxury of doing it in your own backyard. That was my biggest reason for hoping for a Ft. Lewis surgery. Are they going to put you on stand by just in case they can get you in sooner? Now I am jealous. Congrats! Hat
sassy
on 6/12/04 6:10 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
that was pretty much the soonest, i called and was asking questions about being taken off of the list because i was going to go with dr weber because of the time crunch, and they said that since we are supposed to be pcs'ing in december if they do not re-deploy my husband in october, they want to get me in before we leave, and that was his first opening, so they booked me, but she was very understanding and very easy to talk to, i asked a lot of questions, and even with scheduling the surgery she was very considerate and very willing to help me, since my hubby has pldc. she was very nice, and i owe her a huge hug when i finally get to meet her.
lightlyspice
on 6/11/04 5:24 pm - Oak Grove, KY
I am so happy for you Renee, you really deserve this and you really have been doing good on your exercising and keeping me motivated. Prayer really does work. I know you have been trying to get in contact with me and I have been at my usual hang out, the kids' school, volunteering. God Bless.
sassy
on 6/12/04 3:07 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
Yeah, well... come to find out my husband has pldc and doesnt get out until 28 aug, so i am pushing my surgery back to 01 sep. just thought i would let yas know...... still very psyched tho!!!!!!!!
Most Active