Dead Doctor Walking at Madigan

lightlyspice
on 6/7/04 4:05 pm - Oak Grove, KY
Today I had my appt. with Dr. Eggebroten. First of all I waited 45mins. for a 10 min. appt. The nurse apologized, but not the doc. He came into the room-- may have said hello-- sat in a chair across from me and turned his back to me. He talked to me while looking on the computer. He never introduce himself and he didn't have a name tag or maybe I missed it. So I am talking to a man that I hope is Dr. Eggebroten and just didn't have a good night sleep at that hotel, you know, that commercial on tv When the imbecile did turn and talked to me, he asked, "What can he do for me?" Like I was wasting his time and why am I here harassing him. He is the surgeon. I am there to discuss the surgery with him. He had just looked at my information on the computer. I really wanted to tell him what he could kiss for me He proceeded to tell me that I would only lose about 60lbs. if I was good maybe more. The waiting list is 1 1/2 yrs and that I am number 203 on the list. He seemed to be happy to relate this bit of news. I think he was waiting for me to show disappointment in his new and maybe get discourage. I showed know emotion of course, that is my survival mechanism to show this man that his degrees and the arrogants that he was showing means nothing to me. One thing I know for sure is that he will not be my surgeon for my surgery. Oh, yeah, I verified his name, when he left out of the exam room to see what number I was on the list. I asked the lady that did my group consult, who happen to be walking down the hall at that time and she remembered me from the meeting. Be aware of dead-surgeon-walking called Dr. egg-in-your-face Eggebroten.
JustHat
on 6/7/04 7:27 pm - NM
Well, that just sucks. I wish I had something more productive to say. I have been looking forward to hearing how your meetting would go. So, have your plans changed now? Are you going to wait it out or check out Dr. Weber? I found my letter. The one that gives you the go ahead to make an appointment to find out our place in line. I couldn't figure out why you had gotten yours and I hadn't gotten one. And, the staff refused to tell me why or see if I should have received it. Well, ends up it came in and one of my kids brought it in the house but never gave it to me. I'm not ever going to bother with it now since it doesn't look like it will do much good.
Angie-H
on 6/8/04 8:06 am - POST FALLS, ID
Since you are Tricare Prime (so am I) you are allowed to seek others that are off base and take Tricare. Near you .... University of Washington has a doctor that takes it. Get an off base referral since the waiting list is soooo long. If you need to come to Spokane, the best surgeon is Dr. Schrock and you can stay at the near by Fairchild AFB Billeting. Dr. Schrock takes Tricare... there is a wait but it is less than 1 and a half years. Mine was like 6 months. If you were to have the surgery in Spokane with him at Sacred Heart Hospital your family can stay in Billeting which is only 15 mins away. You can email with any questions Good Luck and God Bless! Angie 7months post op -110 plus pounds
catly
on 6/8/04 5:08 pm - Everett, WA
Hi, Well, lol or reow!! I can relate to being disappointed with such a dr. and having to wait a long time. Maybe going off base would be better. I had to wait a long time wit UW, it seemed to me, and now, here it is, two weeks to go! Whoa! Sometimes I wonder if they make us wait a long time so that we will take the time to be sure it is what we want or something. Hope you find a better alternative and a dr. who is alive lol. LM
Rachael E.
on 6/9/04 12:57 pm
Go with Weber Gloria- I was at the Madigan meeting with you and I have everything done and they'll be submitting to Tricare early next week. Derek (my hubbie) is having surgery next Wednesday with Dr. Carter and if I weren't having my surgery with Webere he would't know what to do....Madigan hasn't been informative what-so-ever! We are so greatful that I am able to be champused out! It's definately worth it! If you have any questions or need any assistance with ANYTHING please ask- I will definately help you out! Rachael
JustHat
on 6/10/04 3:21 am - NM
Hey Rachael, other than the orientation and the first one on one with Dr. Weber, have you had any other appointments with him? When will you meet with him next? I have one lousy bloodwork that I am waiting on the results for. I should have the results tomorrow or Monday. And, then my paperwork will be sent off the Tricare. So, hopefully, mine will be sent in next week too.
Rachael E.
on 6/10/04 6:17 am
Hey Hat- When I met with Dr. W one on one he said he wouldn't have to see me until a few days before my surgery. I just had the run around with my gallbladder ultrasound and have to go out in town for it....blah! At least I can get it done tomorrow!
Emma B.
on 6/22/04 8:59 am - Bremerton, WA
Hi. I am almost 2 years post op from having gastric bypass with Dr. Eggebroten at Madigan. I waited a year befroe I was put on the short notice list and then I had surgery. I have no cmplaints about Dr. Eggobroten just about Madigan in general. YOU have to do your own research and if you are here on this site that is a good sign that you are. Did you know that Madigan at least back when they were doing my surgery removed the rest of your stomach and left just your pouch. Mine has not been stapled off but removed completely which makes it harder to deal with when you have other stomach issues. (Hiatal Hernia.... What do they repair it with) I am having all kinds of problems with my stomach I just got out of the hospital with pancreatitis and I am having endoscopy done on the 1st. So my advice is do your research. research whatever Dr. you shoose know exactly what they are doing... At Madigan they also remove your gallbladder and appendictus at the same time as WLS. I have lost 130 pounds 2 years out but honestly and very honestly I am not sure it was worth it dealing with what I am dealing with now. I am not trying to discourage anyone. And, yes it is wonderful to be able to wear a size 5 but I am having so many issues with my stomach and I am 2 years out.... I guess I am just frustrated. If you are in the Bremerton/Silverdale area there is a great wls support group that meets the fourth tuesday of every month at the jackson park community center at 7:00 with people who have have surgeons military and non military. Emma
Most Active