UPDATE ON MOMMA ANGEL

Sharon Neva
on 6/4/04 4:42 am - SD
just spoke to her daughter, Rebecca. My heart is heavy to give you all this news. But, Paula condition has taken a turn for the worse. Even though she's had 100% oxygen, she was not improving. She had to make the decision if she wanted to go on the ventilator and initially she didn't. Because it's going to be a permanent thing, she will never be able to get off the ventilator and it probably means long term care at a nursing home. Last night she changed her mind and they were putting the ventilator in when they lost her pulse and had to perform CPR. She was without oxygen for approx 15 minutes and she sustained some brain damage (they're not certain how much). Of course, they say her weight is contributing greatly to her lung and heart condition. Through it all, Paula has continued to be worried about her AMOS members, she asked her daughter if someone had taken over her job of getting posts to people having surgery and I told her that there was. I also have printed off the last MB posts from everyone from the last update (16 pages) and I printed off her surgery pages (just the ones about her illness was 25 pages). Her daughter was very touched by the amount of outpouring of love they have received. She was going to make copies of the posts and give to relatives to read, too. I will print off any replies to this message and include them in the package. Please pray for Paula, Sharon
Iridescense
on 6/4/04 7:14 am - university place, WA
Sharon, Please share my prayers for Paula with her family. I do (hope and) pray that she will make a full and speedy recovery and that peace would be with her family during this difficult time. God's will will be done. And may his healing touch be a special blessing upon Paula and her family.
catly
on 6/4/04 7:32 pm - Everett, WA
Hi, I send prayers and positive energy and the breath of life to Mama Angel and her family> Such a sweetie doesn't deserve all this scary stuff. I hope she is able to be calm and at peace, knowing how much she is loved. Lauren
Most Active