I met with Dr. Weber!

Derek E.
on 5/31/04 1:29 pm - Bremerton, WA
Last Friday-May 28th, I had my 1st one on one with Dr. Weber. It went GREAT!!! He basically said- "so, when do you want your surgery?"- My husband (Derek Elliott) is having his surgery on the 16th of June- Dr. W said it would be safe to have an early July date (we have 3 babies and a least one of us will have to do the majority of the duties). So if all goes well with the insurance company then I will be on the other side in early July!!!! My Mom is going to take the boys when I go in for sugery, so Derek can stay with me the entire time. We are so excited!!!! I can't believe this is going to really happen!!!!!!!!!!!! I am Derek's angel so it's my duty to ask all of you guys to give extra encouragement to him in these next few weeks! Thanks!
Rachael E.
on 5/31/04 1:32 pm
Rachael wrote that note not Derek!!!!!!!!!! Ooops!
JustHat
on 6/1/04 7:30 pm - NM
You just go ahead and post under what ever name you want. We have your number now. It is good to hear that things are going so smoothly for you. My DH thought Dr. W was great. Until meeting with him, DH was worried and not sure about this whole thing. He came away from the meeting feeling good about the whole thing. It looks like you will be in the OR before me. I don't have any hope of getting there before July 15. I haven't been to the boards for a few days because I am trying to put it all out of my mind. Keep sending the updates. And, when you guys are down here, we will try and come over and see you if you would like. Hat
Rachael E.
on 6/2/04 12:31 am
Hat- What's stopping you from getting there? You have everything completed right? I think as long as you like Dr. Weber and feel confident in him, then your husband should support you no matter what. Has your hubbie met with any other surgeon? I think if he met with another surgoen or maybe if he could see Dr. Weber's mortality rate compared to some others that may boost his confidence? Dr.W has given us far more information than any army/navy/airforce medical institution we have been to, and Lord knows we've seen em all lately. Is Pam submitting your request to Tri care this week? We would love to have visitors while we are recovering. Derek's surgery is the 16th of June, but I am not aure what time yet. Mine will be sometime early July, barring Derek's recovery goes smoothly. This is going to sound stupid, but why does everyone refer to their husband as DH? Does it mean diployed husband? Rachael
JustHat
on 6/2/04 12:48 am - NM
June is always a busy month for me. But, this June, my DH has a lot of plans. His 20 year reunion is in a week and half. Because school isn't out, the boys and I aren't going. He will fly down for the weekend. Then, the following weekend is my son's birthday. I don't want to chance being in the hospital for that. Plus, the morbid side of me says to not take any chances with dropping dead on that day. Then, on the 30, my DH has eye surgery. That takes us into July. Our child care plans call for my oldest to stay with me in the hospital. He and his brother will be going to visit the grandparents from the end of June until July 13th. I think the only day I can slip a surgery in is the 22nd of this month. But, then my son would have to miss some days of school. It is the last week, so not that big of a deal. But, I would still rather he was in class. And, it isn't likely that I can pick my exact date. I need to call Pam today. I don't want to **** her off and annoy her. But, I would like to know what is going on especially if that cardio thing is going to be an issue. I do have one blood work that hasn't come back yet. But, they don't need it to file for approval. As for support, he has been more or less supportive. He knows I really want this. So, that is all he really needs. But, meeting Dr. W set his mind at ease. He is much more comfortable with it now. DH stands for dear, d@mn, dumb, .... husband. You can usually figure out the meaning behind the D by the story that is told along with it. I never thought about it standing for deployed, but on a military chat list, it would fit. DD is dear daughter. DS is dear son. Not a silly question at all. Hat
Most Active