DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THE WISH CENTER IN RENTON WA

marjoe98446
on 5/27/04 9:02 am - Tacoma, WA
HI I'M GOING THROUGH THE WISH CENTER IN RENTON WA AND HAVE MY FIRST APP. ON JUNE 9. I GATHER AT THAT TIME I WILL HAVE SOME GOALS TO FOLLOW BEFORE I GET A DATE, HAS ANYONE GONE THROUGH WISH CENTER AND COULD YOU TELL ME WHAT KIND OF GOALS YOU HAD TO GO THROUGH?
mitzi K.
on 5/27/04 1:49 pm - WA
Hi, I had my surgery with them late last year. Mostly the goals are set by the dietian & exercise physiologist (msp?)...for the diet you are supposed to start with the schedule you will be following after surgery -- eating 3 meals/3 snacks a day focusing on protein (the dietian will go over everything) and you have to record everything (they give you logs to do this on) -- the normal time frame is 8 weeks. You will also have to follow and record the exercise goals you & the physiologist set up at your appointment. There may be other tests the surgeon will send you for - depending on your general health & medical history. For what it's worth -- and I am NOT trying to talk you out of it -- I was fairly happy with them pre-op but have felt TOTALLY abandoned since my 2 week follow-up......and I don't know what your insurance covers, but they are pretty pricey & out-of-network for most insurances. I have dual coverage & they charge well 'over usual & customary' (I have a close friend who works in insurance) -- it has cost us several thousand dollars out-of-pocket -- two thousand of that as a 'deposit' at the pre-op appointment -- just a warning, I was quite surprised. The bariatric unit at Valley Med though -- they're great!!!
Sharon Neva
on 5/28/04 12:22 am - SD
Mitzi, Follow-up is so important to our long-term success and it should definately be something that is taken into consideration when selecting a surgeon and weight loss center. I had my surgery in San Diego almost 2 years ago and I am stil receiving follow-up care- in fact, my surgeon called me herself 2 weeks ago to check in with me and see how I was doing. A good surgeon should consider you a patient for life. Sharon Reach for the Stars http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=N1017180811&NoStatic=1
kathyg
on 5/27/04 1:54 pm - Shelton, Wa
Mary Jo, I had my surgery at capital Medical Center in Olympia I love my Doctor and his staff is wonderful, I choose him because a friend had her surgery in Seattle at a clinic and felt like she never got any one on one time with her Dr and she told me she felt like a cow being herded through the farm from one "seminar" to another. Kathy -97
Most Active