Paperwork done

JustHat
on 5/25/04 3:06 am - NM
I faxed in all of my paperwork yesterday. I can't believe how nervous I was. My psych eval wasn't as great as he made it sound like it would be. I posted to the main board about it and the first reply was one that warned me against having the surgery. But, I think it was more than that. It is out of my hands now. And, I really feel commited now. Besides the psych eval, the cardio issue might hold me up. Dr. Weber wanted me to see a cardiologist. But, my PCP decided that I didn't need to. So, I have to wait to see if that is going to be a problem. Summer told me that Dr. Weber wanted to be sure and make sure I was safe. I have the same goal. But, my PCP doesn't seem to have the same concerns. I did try and tell him about my heart issues once. But, he cut me off and told me that it was no big deal. I swear if I die on the table, I will come back and haunt my PCP for the rest of his life. I have a million new questions. The first is what is the next step. Do I met with Dr. Weber again before or after my approval. Summer didn't know. Just about every question I asked, she said I would have to talk to Pam (the insurance woman). But, Pam is on vacation until June 2. I am hoping that she will summit to Tricare sometime during the middle of June. I had hoped to have surgery in June. But, the month is already so busy. It is probably better to wait until July. Here is a copy of the post I posted to the main board about my psych eval. Psych Eval Grumble You just have to love someone that can take what you say and turn it into what ever they want. My eval is really short. I am not crazy but I am a bit over focused on my health. Blah blah blah. Even short, there were to parts that really annoyed me. First, he said that I hadn't tried to lose weight. I guess trying to limit portion sizes and limit foods doesn't count as much as going on fad diets. During out interview, I said, "My PCP isn't for this surgery. He thinks I am just lazy." So, from this, the psych quotes me in his report as saying "I am just lazy." Never mind that I was telling him that it was the opinion of my PCP and not my opiinion of myself. He also quotes me as saying that "I love candy." I am not sure where he got that from. It's good. But, when I am stress eating or hungry, it isn't candy I go looking for. Hopefully my nutritionist will balance it out. She reviewed my food diary and noted that I eat an average of 1650 calories a day with a range from 800 to 1800. And, while I am on a grumble, someone reasently said that all I needed to do was take in less calories. It doesn't get much more simple than that. 1650 doesn't seem like that many calories. In the end, I am not going to worry about it. What's done is done. If the insurance company turns me down, then I will deal with it when the time comes. It just amazes me how much power other people have over MY life. I don't like that one bit. ----- I hope everyone has a good day.
lightlyspice
on 5/25/04 12:35 pm - Oak Grove, KY
This whole waiting game is about the power of these people over our surgery. I don't like it either. You are doing great though and moving fast on getting your surgery. You know we have to deal with these people because we don't have a choice. I hope that everything works out.
Most Active