Another Update

JustHat
on 5/20/04 4:03 pm - NM
It looks like I am going to meet my personal deadline. I was at the hospital today. So, I figured that since it has now been 8 weeks, I would check on my records. They were actually ready to be picked up. They had them ready on the 17th. But, for what ever reason, no one called me. Good thing I am pushy. I have an appointment to pick up my psych eval tomorrow evening. And, I called the nurtrition clinic today. They said to stop by anytime to pick up my paperwork from them. The only down side which shouldn't be a problem (crossing figures) is that my PCP refused to contact cardiology. He said he didn't see what the big deal was. The "blockage" wasn't a big deal. So, he wrote a letter saying so. But, he forgot to mention that I am cleared for surgery. Well, he said I am as far as my heart goes. But, he didn't mention the rest of me. I am guessing that if I dropped dead right now, he would be please to be rid of me. Either way, I am getting what I want. My person deadline is next Tuesday. But, I think I am going to have everything faxed on Monday. On another note, I spent an hour going over my medical records tonight. I learned several things. There were four other person's info in my records. Three of them were my family. And, another was someone I had never heard of. I wonder who is reading some of my personal info when they get a copy of their records. Another thing I noticed is that I don't go to the doc all that often. I was surprised because it seems I am always at the hospital. But, I guess when I take five other people all the time, I am. It just isn't for me. Last year i went 10 months with no visits. I needed a visit so I could pull the weight off of it. The final thing I noticed is how often they don't actually weigh me. Most of the time they either don't care or they just ask me what I think I weigh. Heck, I could have been telling them 400 pounds for the last 7 years and I don't think they would have batted an eye. And, it would be in my records and therefore true. I can't wait to read my psych eval. He told me what he would write, but I want to read it for myself. I really got the ball rolling on March 5th. It has now been 11 weeks. For the most part, the time has flown by. I think this has move along rather quickly. And, I couldn't have done so well without some help from some post-ops that told me where to start and what to ask for. I am going to feel sort of lost when I pass this all over to Dr. Weber's office and have to wait for them and Tricare to work things out. Hat
Most Active