outdoor chair

catly
on 5/19/04 10:40 am - Everett, WA
Hi, What kind of outdoor chair would you recommend coming home from the hospital after surgery? I want to be able to be out on the porch. Thanks. LM
JustHat
on 5/20/04 4:15 pm - NM
I wish I could help. But, I suspect it is one of those YMMV things. I remember reading some guys story. He said they went out and bought a special recliner for him for after surgery. When he came home, he found out that he could comfortably sit in every chair in his house EXCEPT the chair he bought just for that purpose. Good luck and let us know what you decide. Hat
Melody S.
on 5/23/04 4:03 pm - Seattle, WA
Lauren - Hi again! Though I am haven't had GB yet, I have had three, open abdominal surgeries in the last five years and know how important it is to have good chairs post-op! I have not been able to purchase it yet, but I am intrigued by one of those portable, nylon chairs everybody is selling. I sat in my friend's last summer and was amazed that I was able to get up without a lot of trouble and that it was really comfortable. I recently found a one on-line at REI that holds up to 325 pounds and only costs $35. The product # is 685658. You can check it out at REI.com. I hope you can find something that works for you! - Take care, Melody
catly
on 5/23/04 5:24 pm - Everett, WA
Hi, Thanks so much! I will check that out. I was looking for exactly something that would be easy to get up from that also would not cost us a mint. Thanks for such detailed, specific info! LM
Melody S.
on 5/24/04 4:22 am - Seattle, WA
Lauren - You are very welcome! Let me know if you like it if you end up getting one! - Melody
Most Active