5 days post-op doing great!

Gerriann A.
on 5/19/04 3:20 am - Spokane, WA
My surgery was last friday. I am doing great! I went to my first place group last night (out of Hosptial on Monday) and when I weighed in I had lost 12 pounds. I am so excited as I was wondering if things were changing. My hosptial and doctors experience were great with the exception of the antisteologist who could not find a place to get the IV started and really dug all over to get one. That had me in tears but it was mostly nerves. I felt wonderful Sunday evening and ready to come home on Monday. I have an appointment at then anticoag clinic to check my INR so that I can stop taking these lovenox shots. I feel like a pin cushion but it is really the price I am willing to pay for no blood clots. This was the best decision that I have ever made. Woohoo! Hope everyone is doing great! -Gerriann post-op 5 days and 12 pounds gone forever
Bryan D.
on 5/19/04 5:34 am - Olalla, WA
Glad to see you are doing well. My surgery was the day before yours and I haven't been ween since I came home. But, in the hospital, I picked up 25 lbs. in water. I see my surgeon tomorrow and will be weighed. I suspect I still will be more than I was prior to surgery. That doesn't bother me at all. Bryan post-op 6 days and heavier than ever.
JustHat
on 5/19/04 3:51 pm - NM
If it were me, I don't think I could survive without finding a scale. And, now, I can't wait to hear your update. 25 pound? Ouch. I bet you spent the first couple of days in the bathroom. Hat
JustHat
on 5/19/04 3:48 pm - NM
Good for you Gerriann. I hope things continue to go so well for you. Hat
calvoso
on 5/20/04 1:58 am - My hometown, WA
Gerriann, Congratulations and welcome to the other side. I'm glad to hear everything went well. Maybe I'll see you at one of the support meetings. Calvin
Most Active