Curves

JustHat
on 5/16/04 8:51 pm - NM
I am considering going to Curves. I know several people that are going and love it. They have this promotion where you get half off the first fees if you take a buddy with you. But, I hear that if you say you are a member of WOW, then they wave the initial fees all together. And, they apparently don't as for any proof that you are a member of WOW. I have hoped that someone would ask me to go with them. But, they all have buddies to go with. Does anyone here go? Does anyone want a work out buddy? I could go on my own. But, if I had someone counting on me to meet them there, then I know I would be more likely to go.
sassy
on 5/18/04 3:11 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
I am not that hip with the curves idea, but anytime you wanna go walking or go to the gym and sweat it out in the sauna, I am all over it!! I just don't do crowds very well when it comes to showing my body and sweating and yeah it's not pretty.
Derek E.
on 5/19/04 3:12 pm - Bremerton, WA
yeah I hear ya there...I hate the whole idea of being around othe rpeople while I am working out. I feel so intimidated. I'm gunna have to just walk a lot after my suregry until I feel like I can go to the gym. They need to make a gym for people who have had WLS. That way everyone understands what's going on.
Rachael E.
on 5/19/04 3:14 pm
Oops I worte that as Derek...ha ha ha....sounds so prissy.
JustHat
on 5/19/04 4:04 pm - NM
I was going to the HAWC on base for a while. Nothing could ever get me to step foot into the regular gym. All of those young airmen are mean. And, now that I am old enough to be their mother.... Hey, maybe I could spank them if they cross me. Nah. Anyway, I don't want to go anywhere where there are gym bunnies either. But, after talking to my friend about the Lakewood Curves, it sounds like if you pick the right time of day there aren't any. Two of my friends that go are larger than I am. And, the other one that I talked to about the place said that in the mornings it is filled with old women. And, no men are allowed. I did something that I hadn't done in a long while the other day. I put on shorts that came above my knees. And, I went out in public. It motivated me to walk really fast. The one problem area was when we walked along the part of the loop that is along side the main road. My son decided that would be a good time to protest something and got off his bike. Threats and begging worked to get him moving, but not before half of the base drove by and saw my chubby ghost white legs. I told him that he was lucky my legs didn't cause an accident and the next time I would just have to leave him there. Hat
Most Active