What is he thinking?!?!?

sassy
on 5/13/04 6:25 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
Did anyone else get the, "...if you get this surgery done, you will leave me for some guy who can't keep his eyes off of you..." line??
Rachael E.
on 5/14/04 12:05 am
Yeah it's been a conversation.......but mostly just conversation. He probably is just a little worried, but just reassure him if you wanted to leave him for someone else you'd have done it long ago.... and why would you want to leave him when he's the one who has supported you through being overweight and loving you unconditionally? Maybe that would help to say???? I dunno....I guess marriage is so much more than being skinny. Reassuance is the most of it, you're going through a big change, he's not......he may just be a little intimidated because you're going to be having some drastic changes and he's going to be the same ol' guy........have him lift weights with you and he can build up muscle while you drop the pounds, in turn he will have something he'll feel good about and you will too. It was nice meeting you the other day, why'd ya leave before we could chat???
sassy
on 5/14/04 3:19 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
Girl, I had to run, we actually snuck out early, we had to be back for church at 8 and it was already pushing 7!! We ended up being a few minutes late, but thats because we had to stop in at McD's because we were famished. lol Kinda hard to eat McD's after that though lol Mark didn't have any problems tho lol he was starving! Sorry we didn't get to talk though!!! I would ahve loved to get together with you guys!!
JustHat
on 5/15/04 5:33 pm - NM
If he told me that, I would look him squarely in the eye and suggest that he might start putting that toilet seat down now and those cloths in the hamper now. It's never too early to start trying to impress me again. Actually, last week we had a mini conversation like this. After hearing about how many people are headed to divorce court, I mentioned it. We all know the divorce rate in the military. Then add to it the stress of something like this. But, we have had major stresses before and have come through them fine. He knows I'm not going any where. And, if it come down to jealousy, then he will just have to work through it. And, if he needs help, I don't mind giving him a good kick in the rear. I am willing to do that for him. Really though, I wonder how many of these divorces we hear about would have taken place anyway. My neighbor is leaving her husband. I know if she would have knowned she could have gotten the surgery, she would have in prep for being single again.
Most Active