surgery soon

MarinaS
on 5/13/04 12:52 pm - Small Town, WA
I have had my consult with Dr. Jeff Hunter, Virginia Mason Hospital. I have an appointment next week with the NW Weight Management at St. Francis for dietician, stress management. Also next week for a heart stress test with the dye in the vein (I requested this because my brother died of a heart attack. I am told that I should have my lap RNY-proximal in July. I am very excited about this and would do it tomorrow if I could. I have had diabetes since 1979 and am told that this surgery will improve my diabetes or make it go away. Right no I am mainly housebound because I have no energy due to this disease and my weight. Has anyone out there had this surgery from Dr. Hunter?
ncarter11
on 5/14/04 3:51 am - Edmonds, WA
Check out this link http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/mdcomments-JeffreyAHunter-kpr.html Hope all goes well for you! Blessings!
(deactivated member)
on 7/6/04 6:33 am - Olympia, WA
Hi Marina, After your surgery and as soon as you are able please join our support group in Olympia. There are quiet a few folks from Rochester there. We meet on the last Tuesday of every month at the Capital Medical Center education room, 7:30. I had my surgery at St Frances with Dr. Ki Oh. The staff was great. Be sure to put a request for a private room in, if they have one available you'll get it. Good luck to you, hope to see you at the support meeting.
Most Active