Lap-Band support in Washington?????

Bettye
on 5/13/04 10:52 am - South Sound, WA
Hi, Am wondering why there aren't more Lap-bander's on this board??? Bettye G pre-op
kathyg
on 5/13/04 11:02 am - Shelton, Wa
Bettye, Try going to the main message board there are lap banders there. Also another reason that there aren't as many is many insurances will pay for bypass but not lapband (mine included).so we go the route that is least expensive I applied for lapband took 30 days to get denial and applied for bypass took three days for approval. Kathy -94
Bettye
on 5/13/04 11:10 am - South Sound, WA
Kathy, Am on the main Lap-band board, just looking for some support close to home. My surgeon is in Shelton, Dr. Neal....He is helping me on my third appeal to get approval from insurance....I have learned not to take "No" for an answer for something I really want...I would never go for the RNY...Just not for me.. Bettye G pre-op
kathyg
on 5/17/04 11:36 am - Shelton, Wa
Bettye, I love Doctor Neal I tried for over a year to have the lapband thru him, his office is great I just love Peggy, I went to support group meetings at MGH for the year waiting for approval. I hope your journey ends well for you. KAthy
awayfrmitall
on 5/29/04 1:31 am - Seattle, WA
Bettye, Most of us lap bander's are members of the Pacific NW group on yahoo. The board isn't for "chatting" but does give days and times of all the events we have going up here. I think I heard you were in the south sound. There is a South sound soup night once a month where you can meet many many people very close to you. http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PNW_Bandsters/ Jamie
Most Active