Don't ask because we won't tell

JustHat
on 5/12/04 9:03 am - NM
Since Gloria has a letter and an appointment and since at last nights support meeting, people told me to be sure they knew what was going on with me and might even bump me up on the list, I stopped by surgery today at Madigan. I thought I would ask a simple question. Am I even on the list since I haven't received a letter saying that I am. I was told that they couldn't answer that question until 6 months after my orientation. At that point, I could call and see if I was even on the list. The way she explained it to me is that I might or might not be on the list. But, I couldn't find out. She said I would have to do all of my required appointments before I was on the list. I didn't remember them saying this at the orientation. Oh well. At least good things are happening for Gloria. And, I am kind of glad that I decided to go off base.
calvoso
on 5/12/04 10:02 am - My hometown, WA
How long of a list do they have over there? I had mine done in Spokane last year and within 2 months of my down payment I was in the hospital. I just had to meet the doctor and go to a physciatrist before they scheduled the surgery. By the way I've read a lot of your posts and you have to be the most positive pre-op I've ever heard. Good luck. Calvin
JustHat
on 5/12/04 2:15 pm - NM
"positive pre-op" Well, with these things, you either laugh, cry or run naked through the streets screaming. Crying gives me a headache. And, the neighbors voted and don't want to see me naked. So, that just leaves laughing. The official answer to the how long question at Madigan is 2 years. But, it depends more on when they think you should get it. They can bump you up on the list anytime they want. It is kind of like going to the ER. Teh more serious your case, the quicker they see you. I just check out your pictures. I couldn't believe that you made much of a change in such a short time. Absolutely amazing. Jump in anytime you want to share your secrets with us. Good for you.
Cori T.
on 5/12/04 11:06 am - Neah Bay, WA
Wow, sounds good that you are having the back up of off base.
lightlyspice
on 5/12/04 12:02 pm - Oak Grove, KY
Don't speak too soon woman or should I say write I am trying to see what is going to happen with the Egg man. If I can't work myself on in there I may have to go to Dr. W. I just hate driving, but if push come to shove it may happen.
Most Active