I have a problem!!!!!!!

peggy C.
on 5/6/04 3:48 am - moses lake, wa
I have my date for surgrey on the 25th of June. I am leaving here the 23rd. I am going to Mexico. That is all good, that is not the problem. Here is my problem...........I know I am not going to fit in the seats on the plane. I called the airline and they said the seats are 17 ins. wide. I know I can not fit this 430 lb body into that small of a seat.Of course I don't want to have to buy 2 seats, ( my husband told me to just lose weight by then) ( he still doesn't understand) Has anyone else had this problem. I think I am going to have to give in and buy 2 seats. They said at the airlines if I wait and have to do it on the day we leave it will cost a lot more........so any ideas
catly
on 5/6/04 5:17 am - Everett, WA
Hi, I wrote to SW Airlines about what I consider to be extremely prejudiced treatment of people of larger size. I got a canned, not very empathetic response. I know this seems a little sneaky, but I never call the airlines to tell them. My husband does our ticket stuff,if we haven't done it beforehand and I sit of somewhere else. When I get on the plane...too late; someone usually switches. So far it's worked. I figure if they are going to be "sizist" I can beat them at their game, because game is what it is, in my opinion anyway. LM
Rachael E.
on 5/6/04 10:50 am
Spring the extra bucks and sit 1st class, it's cheaper than buying 2 seats and much more classy. You will be able to relax, eat, sleep, and enjoy your flight with no fear of fitting. Good luck! Have fun and be SAFE!!! Rachael
Most Active