I love Madigan!!

sassy
on 5/5/04 12:07 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
I went to the group breafing today. It was actually done by the surgeon. I liked him a lot, and I have a lot of confindence in Madigan, despite the sometime hatred of the ER. They put me on the waiting list, and even though I have to wait a little while, it is worth it. I have been morbidly obese since I was a child, so waiting a little longer isn't going to kill me.
Derek E.
on 5/6/04 1:01 pm - Bremerton, WA
Hey renee, Me and my wife are going to get surgery and although my wait at Madigan is a month...due to me being active duty My wife was told the wait at Mad is up to 2 yrs. She requested to be champused out through tricare to Dr. Weber in Seattle....This may save you a lot of time! Derek
sassy
on 5/6/04 2:02 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
With my husband due to re-enlist any day now, we may be leaving Fort Lewis. If I keep my name on the list, I can come back and have the surgery done. The surgeon says that it happens all the time. I think I am going to do that, just do my time and wait to see what the Lord has in store for me.
Mandy S.
on 5/6/04 2:44 pm - Olympia, WA
Hello ~ I just thought I would express my feelings about Madigan. I just recently had my surgery and I could have asked for a better exp. I am 18 years old and never had any medical issue throughout my life not even a cavity. My weight is the ONLY issue I've ever had. When we switched to Tricare when we learned they covered the surgery. My mom is retired Air Force and I am still on her insurance as a student. Anywayz, I got accepted for the surgery right off the bat due to age, went to all the required courses and then met with Dr. Carter who is a sincere angel. I've called him already since surgery with a question and he was sooo prompt (maybe 30 mins) to return my call. As for the day of surgery I was very nervous due to the fact that I've never endured a single medical procedure. Madigan staff made you feel calm.. and from the moment I was in my room on 7 North I was feeling comfortable. The nurses were all very sincere and caring. The medical students keep you smiling even when bothering you at 4 am.. and if your single the eye candy is wonderful. The doctors are very prompt about checking in on you even if its on the weekend. Madigan truly cares about you remember that. They will help you get through your surgery and the whole surgery team will check up on you. Madigan is the most comforting place to be. If you have issues with timing make sure they know.. I know got slipped through because Iam still considered "pediatric", and they said it was medical nesscity but make sure you they know all your conditions who knows how quick youll get through..
lightlyspice
on 5/7/04 1:08 am - Oak Grove, KY
That is great Renee! I just wanted to let you know that I got my letter yesterday and am seeing Dr. Eggebroten on June 7. They pushed up my Nutrition appt. to May. Sorry about not walking, I have been so tired lately. Gloria
sassy
on 5/7/04 9:02 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
Hey, crazy! I am going on 11 May too. or is it 10 May? I dunno, I have appt's both days. Anyways, I am going to be there too! lol I bet we end up being roomies, we are doing things at the same time, it would be cool if we got our surgeries done together too lol
JustHat
on 5/7/04 10:10 am - NM
Me too! It is nice that we will all finally get together. Are you guys going to hang around for the support meeting?
sassy
on 5/7/04 8:42 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
I was in Madigan when my husband was in Iraq, they admitted me because my tonsils were so swollen they were touching. I know this is sad to say, but I had fun that night, my nurses were super cool, both guys, both always coming in to bring me popsicles and ice. They were probably glad to see me go, because I was always bugging them for ice lol
Rachael E.
on 5/7/04 12:10 pm
OK I am confused Who's all going to Dr. Weber's orientation on Monday (may 10th)??? I wanna meet you guys too...well I have seen most of you, but would like to meet you too. Hope to see some of you there??? I'm kinda shy, and would like to feel like I know a little about the people who are there. Rachael
Most Active