I signed it!

catly
on 5/3/04 5:13 am - Everett, WA
Hi, My surgeon and his assistant went over all the test results this morning and the only slightlyabnormal thing they found really is not all that abnormal with my bmi. I have fatty deposits in my liver and it is quite misshapen, but they don't see that as a red flag. I signed the consent form for a gastric bypass (open rny, proximal); liver biopsy and large umbilical hernia repair. My husband was with he (good thing his schedule is somewhat flexible) and we met several staff persons we had spoken with over the phone so it felt like things are finally pulling together. They said I was "yellow packeted" today, so I will hear from scheduling in about a week and the surgery will probably be this summer or fall. I can't believe it! I almost have a date! I feel kind of like I did when I was far along in the pregnancy with my daughter; didn't know exact date she would be born on but could come close. Now......figuring out how to tell my family in a way that will minimize judgmentalism and stuff. Thanks for all the help you guys are providing through all of this process which is a pretty long, drawn-out one for some of us. LM
sassy
on 5/3/04 11:53 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
Congrats girl!!!!! I am so excited for you!!! I can not wait for the day when it is me on the other end, saying all that! Best of luck, and make sure to keep us all "posted"
Gerriann A.
on 5/4/04 2:48 pm - Spokane, WA
woohoo! So excited for you! -gerriann surgery scheduled for 5/14/04
JustHat
on 5/4/04 5:04 pm - NM
Woohoo! I am so happy for you.
Most Active