Why so quiet?

sassy
on 4/28/04 9:22 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
Nobody has anything to say lately!! C'mon!! Speaka to me!! LOL I look forward to the posts, but there isn't any!! C'mon, ladies! I know we know how to talk!! LOL It's what we are known for, just ask any husband. LOL
kathyg
on 4/28/04 1:09 pm - Shelton, Wa
Renee, I think alot of people just go to the main message board more info and so many posts to read.... Kathy
Aquus D.
on 4/28/04 1:34 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Hello Renee! After my initial questions were answered, I quieted down a little bit. Didnt want to explode my noggin with false hopes I guess. Right now I'm completing all the pre-op testing required to get the surgery. So far so good! I was told that there is an 8 to 10 month wait. I'm just "busy" trying to stay motivated and focused. *I peruse this and other WLS support sites for personal experiences and common goals yet to be attained. *I'm trying to think of the best way to handle my "living will" assignments as I have two dependent neices to worry about. *I'm trying not to get too down about my size. Funny, I didn't feel as much shame about my size until after I completed the insurance approval process. Maybe after getting the proverbial ball rolling for this procedure has gotten me in touch with the reality of my situation? *I'm still trying to figure out what I will say to people at work regarding the "evidence" that will be very apparent after surgery. HMMMMM...I have a Phd in "stoney silence." Well...there you have it! I spoke ..if you have any ideas to lend to me let me know. Peace & Love
lightlyspice
on 4/28/04 2:34 pm - Oak Grove, KY
Hi Renee, how is everything going with your plans for surgery. I have my nutrient appt. in June but they said to call for the May ones just in case someone cancel. Keep your spirits up, Gloria
JustHat
on 4/28/04 3:37 pm - NM
I am pooped. Life has kept me busy. It seems that I put a lot of other things on hold while I spend all of my energy on this. Today was my psych eval. He asked for a list of what my doc wants and is following it closely. I have my second appt. on Friday. And, finally another next week. After that, everything will be ready to be picked up from him. I also did the million dot test today. It is nice that at least one person I have come into contact with is trying to move forward instead of making me wait and wait. Now I am ready for bed. As soon as Extreme Makeover is done, so am I.
sassy
on 4/28/04 5:20 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
million dot test??? what is that??
JustHat
on 4/29/04 3:18 am - NM
The one I took made statements like....I wish I were a man. Or, I feel like stealing things all the time. Or, my dad was a great man. Then I would state true or false. There was something like 650 statements. So, not quite a million, but at times it seemed like it. From the results, I get to find out if I am a nutcase or not.
sassy
on 4/29/04 5:01 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
boyyyy you had me skeeered there for a sec, someone says million dots, and i start thinking needles lol i'm kinda out there sometimes lol
Most Active