a reminder of WHY!!!!!

peggy C.
on 4/25/04 4:14 pm - moses lake, wa
I had a good reminder of why I am doing this tonight. I got up and was headed to the bathroom and I fell! Well, for me, that is alfull. I couldn't get up. I yelled till I woke my husband up and between the two of us it took 4 or 5 mins. to get me up. I even took him down with me twice. My knee and both my arms (from him trying to lift me) are black and blue. This is one of my biggest fears, is falling, because I am just to big to lift myself off the floor. I guess that is why it is a good reminder of why I am getting surgrey! That is on my wish list, to be able to lift myself. Thanks for listening to me vent.
lightlyspice
on 4/26/04 1:38 am - Oak Grove, KY
Hi Peggy, I hope that you heal from your fall soon. I will be praying for you and your family. The process of getting this surgery is a long one for all of us. We just go through so much, but in the end we have our surgery, sooner or later, we all just have to be patient and keep the faith. We have our up days and our down days, we all will make it. I have faith. Keep your head up
sassy
on 4/26/04 3:22 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
I have a HUGE fear of falling as well. I live on Fort Lewis, in the "Historical" parts of town, where they have not remodeled yet. I have ghetto cement stairs with hard vinyl over it, and it kills your bare feet just to look at them. Anyways, I biffed... not once but twice, my big old butt took a dive down those stairs. The first time I ended up walking out of Madigan on crutches. Have you ever seen an obese lady in a skirt on crutches?? NOT a pretty site. My poor husband wasn't allowed to help me up, I was so mad and embarassed I just told him to go away, which he didn't do. The first time I did it tho, was on April Fool's Day, and my husband had just laid down for a nap. He thought I was messing around. He thought I had "acted like it" to pull a prank. Yeah... he was in the doghouse, he came out with one look on his face and ended with another when he saw I was very hurt. He felt bad for not believing me, but it wasn't long before we were both laughing about it. My main horror was that my 2 year old daughter was at the bottom of the stairs, she was trying to go up and I was flying down. I didn't know she could move so fast lol She was GONE lol then she went frantic because her mommie was hurt. Hopefully I didn 't scar the poor baby for life lol
Most Active