Rob G. update, Hey everyo...

robin W.
on 4/24/04 4:38 pm - WA
Rob G. update, Hey everyone, my name is Robin and I met Rob G.through this web site. I am a patient of Dr. Dellingers who is 16 months post op. After e-mailing, we exchanged phone #'s and I spke to him about 5 times before his surgery. I then asked to be his Angel who would visit him in the hospital. Two days after his surgery I met him and his girl, Kat as he was settling in his room after 2 days in ICU. I spoke to them bot for about an hour, left him a goodie bag of protein drinks and stuff and left. After a week of not hearing from him I sent him an e-mail and heard about his infectin from Kat. It has really been freaking me out because all I can think of is, it could have been me and why wasn't it me? Same Dr. same procedure, I even weiged 10 more pounds than Rob. Why did this have to happen? I went to visit him on Thursday and it was very difficult and sad. He is unconscious and hooked up to all kinds of machines. He was so bloated it was as if he would pop. I cried but tried to be positive and took his hand and gave him a good pep talk. I told him we are all praying for him and that he has friends and family that love him and he needs to fight. I honestly don't know if I would have gone through with the surgery if I'd have witnessed this first. I pray that none of you ever know anyone or experience this kind of pain. I'm going to try to keep visiting him but was told that only family members are allowed to at this time. Please keep Rob and his family in your thoughts and prayers. God Bless you in your journey to fight obesity. Robin
auntlorlee
on 4/28/04 6:26 am - Bellingham, WA
Any word on Rob??
robin W.
on 4/29/04 12:56 pm - WA
I spoke to his Mom the other day, his fever was down from 106 to 101. That is all I know for now
auntlorlee
on 4/30/04 1:23 am - Bellingham, WA
Well that is good news. Hopefully this is a sign that he will keep improving and come out of this ok. My prayers are with him and his family.
marjoe98446
on 5/13/04 1:29 pm - Tacoma, WA
Hi robin I was wondering if you had heard any more on your friend Rob
Most Active