Vitamins

Pam F.
on 4/24/04 5:23 am - Moses Lake, WA
I am 2 1/2 weeks post op and am having trouble with the vitamins. I'm taking Walgreen's "Optisource" brand specially for gastric bypass patients. The citrus flavor isn't too bad, but they are so big and chalky and I have to take them FOUR times a day! Is there something better out there?
kathyg
on 4/24/04 6:13 am - Shelton, Wa
Pam, I take liquid one a day centrum and liquid calcium I also go once a month for a b-12 shot. Kathy
JustHat
on 4/24/04 6:44 am - NM
I really, really, REALLY don't like shots. I mean really. So tell me, please, how common is it that WLS patients need b-12 shots? Is it a give that I will have to suck it up? Or is there a chance that I can get b-12 some other way and not need them? Going to my happy place now, Hat
R S.
on 4/24/04 11:50 pm - Chicago Suburb, IL
Pam, I too take the Optisource multi vitamins. you're correct, they are big and chalky, but you will get used to them if you give it a chance. I have been taking mine since day one. (Jan 19). I like the fact that everything we need is wraped up in this supplement. 4 times a day is well worth it.
Tracey L.
on 5/4/04 2:14 pm - Lakebay, WA
There is alot of vitamin info at www.vitalady.com I plan to buy liquid vitamins through Dr. Oh's office.... www.ohtobethin.com It takes like Tang, and has everything we need. You can attend free tasting sessions at either place. Tracey
Gayle B.
on 6/5/04 1:12 pm - Ellensburg, WA
I found the best to be Isotonix liquid through wls.com. They are like drinking a 6-8oz glsass of Tang in the morning. I didn't realize I wasn't feeling as food as I should have been - these have made a huge dfference! I do have to say that there wasn't too much that tasted good for about 2 months after my surgery but the taste buds recuperated.
Most Active