Stomping Feet

JustHat
on 4/22/04 4:44 am - NM
I just called to get my nutrition requirement taken care of. Nurtrition was actually the first appontment I made at the start of thing whole thing. When I made the appointment, I asked if it was for WLS. They promised me it was. Then I showed up at the appointment and was told that no, WLS requires another referral and class. It took a week, but I got the referral that I needed. I just got off the phone. They can't get me in until mid-June. Then there is a three week class that I have to take. That means that my hopeful surgery date has been pushed back 6 weeks because of all of this. I am so mad. I had planned to have all of my paperwork turned into the doc's office on the third week of May. Grrrr! Where is the angry bear icon when I need it?
lightlyspice
on 4/22/04 12:23 pm - Oak Grove, KY
I remember reading that happening. I am sorry to read that. I guess I wont be getting an appointment until June or July. Is there anyway you can crash the party? I guess that's not a good idea. Hang in there, you are closer to a date than I am. You know the Army loves the waiting game. It's going to happen Just keep your head up. Nutrition Clinic
sassy
on 4/22/04 4:14 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
lol i am with ya girls.... hurry up and wait.. hooah lol we are going to have to get together and boycott mamc, pickett signs and all lol i doubt it would get anything done any quicker tho lol
JustHat
on 4/23/04 3:22 am - NM
Woohoo. I have a nutrition date a full month earlier than what Tricare gave me. Something told me that I should call back and make sure they gave me the right kind of class. They didn't. It was a regular nutrition class. Just like they gave me last time which was wrong. The lady told me that I needed to tell them what kind of appointment I wanted or they wouldn't know. I told her that I DID tell the appointment person what kind of class I needed and besides, it states it clearly on my referral. Anyway, she gave me an appointment for a week earlier than the other one I had. But, it was still in June. So, wanting to make sure everything was right, I called the nutrition clinic. The lady was so nice. She said that I did have the right kind of appointment. Then I asked if I could call back and check for cancelations (sp?) for the May class. I told her about having surgery off base. She said no problem and that she could even bump me up to the May class. After it, I will be going to the support meeting. No more stomping feet. I am happy again. It feels like the WLS gods are smiling down on me once again. And, I am shooting for a June date again. Woohoo.
lightlyspice
on 4/23/04 5:15 am - Oak Grove, KY
That is great, I am so happy for you. That tells me to never give up and never except the first answer when it comes to MAMC. Keep on working it girl.
Rachael E.
on 4/29/04 11:38 am
I am having my surgery June 16th. My nutritionist appt is the last week of May at the Navy Hospital in Bremerton. I hope they listened when we told them that this is for gastric bypass. If I get delayed I will freak.... Derek
Most Active