Regence Blue Shield PPO

auntlorlee
on 4/7/04 6:24 am - Bellingham, WA
I heard a rumor that Regence was going to start covering WLS... Does anyone have any info on this? This is the insurance I currently have that tells me under NO cir****tances will they pay for it. Thanks for any info!
Bryan D.
on 4/13/04 12:36 am - Olalla, WA
Regence is paying for mine next month. I called them and verified this. Here is what my 2004 Blue Cross and Blue Shield SErvice Benifit Plan says: "Gastric bypass surgery or gastric stapling procedures for morbid obesity - a condition which an individual weighs 100 lbs. over, or 100% over, his or her normal weight according to current underwriting standards; eligible members must be 18 or over." --- Section 5(b) Page 45
auntlorlee
on 4/13/04 1:44 am - Bellingham, WA
I have done some research on this and found out that my plan DOES NOT cover this surgery. I am a public employee, working for a school district. Unfortunately, our plan doesn't cover it. But I did hear that it may change. Was just hoping someone had some insight. Thanks for the reply Bryan!
Fred K.
on 4/13/04 2:48 pm - Ellensburg, WA
Lori, My wife is having Lap RNY next month and our insurance is paying for it. I work for Boeing and we have Regence. So hopefully that's an indication that they will be opening this up for all policies. Good luck to you on your journey!!
Most Active