What do I bring to the hospital???

Pam F.
on 4/4/04 4:00 pm - Moses Lake, WA
My surgery is tomorrow. I have to travel 100 miles to the hospital. I have packed a nightgown - although I probably won't use it, right? Also, a snap up the front robe, slippers, underware, a knit dress to wear home, toothbrush/paste, comb, insurance cards, ID, phone card. Am I missing anything?
Bryan D.
on 4/5/04 4:46 am - Olalla, WA
Here is what I have. I have my surgery in six weeks, but have been preparing a list. Good luck Take to Hospital ? Fan (for both cooling & noise) ? Glasses ? Book ? Ear Plugs ? CD Player with Headphones & extra batteries ? Relaxing CD's ? Loose Shorts ? Chapstick - Unflavored ? Toothpaste & toothbrush ? Compression stockings (to prevent blood clots) ? Corn starch - for chaffing ? Money for Newspapers ? Pillow to hold to stomach on ride home from hospital At Home Preparations ? Clean House - Make it spotless! ? Prepare Bedroom ? Lysol Bathrooms and Kitchen to prevent infection! ? Have some DVD's ready to watch ? Buy some PJ's and a robe ? Fix sofa & recliner for comfort ? Get recipes, make, & freeze in ice cube trays ? Water Plant Shopping List ? SF Popsicles ? SF Jell-O ? Crystal Lite (no teas) ? Beef & Chicken Broth ? Soups - Clear, not creamy ? Vitamins ? Protein ? Shot glasses - 1 ounce ? Baby spoon and small fork to minimize bite size ? SF syrups ? SF Tang ? SF Kool-Aid
Sharon Neva
on 4/6/04 3:59 am - SD
I have some lists on my profile page that might help. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/profile.phtml?N=N1017180811&NoStatic=1 I didn't see "pads" on Bryan's list... hehee Also, don't pack too much. I took a robe and toothpaste, shampoo, etc and I didn't use any of it. The hosp supplied all of it - make sure that your slippers are the slip on kind - you won't feel like bending over to put them on. AND THE ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE: CHAPSTICK! Your lips will be very dry after your surgery. Sharon
Most Active