my first post

Cori T.
on 3/29/04 8:16 am - Neah Bay, WA
Hello, am I in the right spot? I'm just starting this journey. I got approved for 3 consultation visits, is this a good sign that I'll get approved for the surgery? I am not the required 200% of ideal weight (Tricare Prime insurance) but I have 3 of the health issues they list as helping one to qualify (high BP, diabetes, high cholesteral..BMI of 37). I'm signed up to attend the seminar on April 17th (Dr. Weber/Stevens Hospital.) Anyone do this long distance before? I live 5 hrs away from the Dr...that's driving plus a ferry ride. Are there close together visits pre-op or pos-top that I should think about trying to find a spot to stay, closer to the Dr? Probably should wait to get surgical approval before even worrying about that, LOL. TIA Cori
Bettye
on 3/29/04 9:28 am - South Sound, WA
Hi Cori, I am down in Olympia, but am waiting for approval for the Lap-band with Dr. Neal, in Shelton....not sure if you have reseached this form of WLS or not....Not many of us on this board, if any... Bettye G pre-op Lap-band
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/04 5:35 pm - Yakima, WA
My BIL is an anesthesiologist in Shelton...I 'head' Dr. Neal is VERY good!
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/04 5:35 pm - Yakima, WA
I saw a doc 4 hours from me - its not easy choosing someone a long ways away, but very doable. Good luck!
JustHat
on 3/30/04 11:38 am - NM
Cori, I will be at Dr. Weber's seminar on April 17th too. And, I have Tricare prime. I was whining about the drive, but after hear how far you are coming, I feel like a whimp. I was hoping someone else around here would say they were going to be there on the same day. Anyway, welcome to the board! Hat
Most Active