New at this...Help:help:

Michelle W.
on 3/27/04 8:34 am - Mount Vernon, WA
Any help offered would be great. I, like alot of others would love to have this done, the problem...I have no idea where to start. I just got state insurance(DSHS) I have chosen Regience Blue Shild and a local doctor already. However after reading alot of the responses posted it seems the they are not a very willing company to deal with...maybe I should change while I can. Can anyone offer any info on the starting of this??? Please...Thanks!!
calvoso
on 3/29/04 1:42 am - My hometown, WA
Michelle, I didn't have very good luck with Blue Cross. They turned me down here in Spokane. I even went through all three steps of their appeals process. If there are any other options out there for insurance I would reccomend using those. If you look on obesity help under the insurance section you can see which insurance companies were helpful and those that weren't. Good luck. Calvin
Hilda R.
on 3/30/04 10:24 am - Bucoda, WA
Michelle, I believe it depends on the policy. Is there an exclusion? I recommend asking if WlS is covered. If it reads; Covered if medically necessary, you may have a chance if you do in dead need WLS (100#'s or more overweight, co-morbidies) but if it reads something like; Not covered PERIOD, you should seek a different policy if possible. Don't give up, where there's a will, there's a way. I had an exclusion , so I refinanced my house to pay for my surgery. Good Luck and definately check out all the information this site has to offer. This site was a GOD SEND to me- I'm now 7 months post op and down 113 #s, I never gave up......and I'm so thankful Hilda
Most Active