Tricare near Tacoma?

JustHat
on 3/12/04 6:51 am - NM
I was approved to go with a civilian doctor. Now I need to find one. Tricare told me that the only one in this area was Dr. Weber. From what I have read, he is probably the best. But, I would like to have surgery closer to home since DH won't be able to give me any support while I am in the hospital if he has to travel that far to see me. Our kids are still young. I met someone the other day that went to Dr. Rifenbery (sp?) recently. But, his office has a new insurance policy. I would have to pay upfront and then they would assist me in getting my insurance to pay me back. As you can guess, I don't have the money up front. His office told me to call the NW Weight Management office. They do accept Tricare, but there is a five month weight for a surgeon. My referal is good for 3 months. So, does anyone know who else accepts Tricare in the Tacoma area? Thanks, Hat
kathyg
on 3/14/04 1:26 pm - Shelton, Wa
I don't have tri care but my surgeon works out of Capital Medical Center in Olympia my friend whose husand is retired military also used him for something different. My Doctors name is Dr. Tollefson I would have him do my surgery again in a heartbeat. KAthy
PhoenixAlexander
on 3/15/04 5:42 pm - Tacoma, WA
Take a look at Dr. Clifford Porters office. I think you will be satisfied with what you find. Good Luck!
Carla A.
on 3/16/04 10:02 am - Burlington, WA
Dr Kim Oh in Federal Way was my doctor and he is considered one of the best in the US. I live clear up in the Mt Vernon area and am glad to drive that far to have him for my surgeon!! He has only lost one patient and that was due to other extenuating cir****tances due to the patients other medical problems. He is so methodical. I had Lap RNY and besides the stapling he also sutures the stomach closed. Good luck on your journey!! ~~Carla
Most Active