Lap-Band in future

Bettye
on 3/5/04 6:22 am - South Sound, WA
Would like to hear from anyone that has had this done, and pros and cons between this and bypass surgery.
kathyg
on 3/9/04 11:42 am - Shelton, Wa
Bettye, I think that I emailed from the main board before but I think that what ever desicion that you make will be a good one I think that Dr. Neal and his office are great I actually appealed my insurance to have the lapband, Peggy in Dr Neals office fought long and hard for me and if you chose that route you are in very good hands, My insurance would not pay for lapband but they would for gastric bypass which I choose to have. I am very happy that I had the gastric Bypass I have had Zero complications I have lost 82 lbs in a little over 4 months I think that the results are faster with Gastric bypass I read post all the time from lapband patients that are struggling to lose the weight even after surgery where as people that had the Gastric bypass had lost twice the weight in half the time. The Doctor that did my surgery is at Capital Medical Center in Olympia and the treatment I recieved there was the greatest. Kathy 318.5/236.5/-82lbs since 10/29/03
Most Active