Suggestions Anyone?

B J.
on 3/3/04 3:21 pm - Spokane, WA
I have premera heritage, and they have a very stern, written exclusion to WLS. So what. My health is more important than my finances (which, by the way, are a wreck right now, but that's another sob story). I am committed to having the surgery. I had discussed it with a doctor in another state a few years back, even, but had no insurance, so held off. I might as well have no insurance now, but I'm not getting any younger, so I'm starting the process. However, it looks like I'm going to have to pay out of pocket. Bad credit means no financing...so I'm wondering what people have done? Gone out of country? Any docs/hospitals work on payment plans? I'm in Spokane, but I am more than willing to travel to ensure that I get good care and will be around for a while to enjoy my life!
catly
on 3/3/04 6:10 pm - Everett, WA
Hi, I don't have any suggestions at the moment, however, I can relate. I have that same company as my primary insurance and they really are stubborn about insisting that wls is elective and not medically necessary. Too bad a bunch of us couldn't show up at their door and make some noise about it, lol. LM
Hilda R.
on 3/7/04 2:07 am - Bucoda, WA
Hi BJ, I too had an exclusion on my insurance (Regence Blue Shield), but I was not going to give up, I checked into other insurances, thought I had found one that covered it, but in the end, it too did not. So, I refinaced my house. And it was soooooo worth it. I'm 6 months out and down 101 #s Could this be an option for you? Also, you didn't mention where you were planning to have it, but may I suggest the Wish Center in Renton? They finance the program. Maybe even with negative credit they could help. Good luck, and don't give up. Hilda
Most Active