Looking 4 a friend in Spokane!

sublime420jen
on 2/28/04 5:35 pm - University Place, WA
Hiya! We will be moving from VA Beach to Spokane, in April. My husband is in the Air Force, and he has recieved orders to Fairchild AFB. I am 22 years of age, I have been married for almost three years, and we have a 1 year old son, named Cameron Austin. I had my surgery February 23, 2004, but I am interested in buddying with someone who is either about to have the surgery, or has already had surgery. I met a wonderful person here locally, we do the basic fun stuff... shop, yard sale, watch movies, walk around, talk about the good ol' boy stuff.. I am willing to befriend anyone, I just want friends when I go to Spokane. Not easy leaving a state you lived in for 22 years and moving across the country and not knowing anyone! Well anyways, my name is Jenn.. feel free to say hi sometime.. Jenn
skudoozie
on 2/28/04 11:48 pm - Elk, WA
Hi there Jenn! Well, I'm old enough to be your mom, but hey, at least I am a warm body! I am planning on having surgery this summer if all goes well. i have to self pay so am in the middle of saving the money. So your husband will be at Fairchild.....I think you will like it here. Out on the base it is kind of ugly but there are beautiful areas all around! We live NE of Spokane in the foothills. We have lived here off and on for almost ten years. It is always hard to make big moves and you are smart to find some people to hook up with before you move. The people here are very friendly in general although the culture is quite different from the east coast. I am a social worker with foster parents here in town, am married with five kids, two in-law kids, five grandchildren. Stay in touch and let me know when you arrive. Suzie
sublime420jen
on 2/29/04 1:04 am - University Place, WA
Heya Suzie, I have not yet met one person who is self paying. WoW! Good Luck, I am not sure how expensive this surgery is, but I know it can't be cheap. Especially with everything they make you go through PREOP. Good Luck with it all though, especially with the surgery. I will be more then happy to visit you in the hospital! I have heard lots of things about Fairchild.. luckily, my husband would really be the one to go out there everyday. We are currentlt looking to buy a home, but if worse comes, we might have to stay in base housing till we find a home. I don't just want to buy a home just because it's there. I have met a handful of people that live in Spokane, but one is a real estate agent and one is a girl that is a military spouse and from the east coast. Social workers are great to have, although, I don't have a good experience with them from when I was a child. five kids!! wow! you're braver than me! I will arrive in April, but my email address is [email protected] if you ever would like to say hello! Jenn
Holly M.
on 2/29/04 8:02 am
Hi Jenn, I'm Holly. I live in Spokane. I'm 26 with a three year old little boy. I havent had surgery yet, still working on the ins. thing. It would be great to have a friend that has gone through all of this. I'd love to show you around the area. My email address is [email protected]. Drop me a note sometime, good luck with the move! Holly
Most Active