I need HELP

LRoman
on 2/15/04 4:51 pm - Aberdeen, WA
I went to a Dr. back in May 2003 for my initial visit and was told that I was a great candidate for RNY surger. I am on medicaid and had already look for a year and a half just to find this Dr. that would take my medicaid. I was told to give them two weeks to find out if I would be approved to have it and then they would set the surgery up. I waited three weeks and didn't hear anything so I called the Dr. Office and they said that they did not even file it due to I was missing my physical from my regular doctor. I was so upset and asked why they didn't at least call and tell me this and was told that it was my responsibility to make sure it was all there. So I asked if I could have them fax it and they said yes, but then received a letter the next day saying about how the state was stopping it temperarilly. I called again in January 2004, and found out that yes they would pay for it again, so I called my Dr to set up another appointment and to my horror was told that this Dr. does not accept DSHS no longer. I cry myself to sleep most night. Sorry for the long story but I am a mother of 4 children with a BMI of over 58. I NEED HELP FINDING A DR. IN WA STATE THAT WILL TAKE MY MEDICAID? Please can anyone tell me the Drs. that take it and their phone numbers and where they are located?
Holly M.
on 2/16/04 3:41 am
Try Dr. Lauter in Kirkland. I called last week to see if they took medicaid and they not only said yes but they scheduled my consult for the 26th of Feb. They do not have a waiting list of DSHS/Medicaid patients. They said they schedule about a month out for surgery. I was delighted! Now the only concern I have is getting ins. approval, scarry! Anyway, you should definitly call Dr. Lauter's office, they are wonderful!
Hilda R.
on 2/16/04 11:14 am - Bucoda, WA
Hi Lorene, I know how frustrating all this can be, just don't give up.... I'm not sure if they accept medicaid or not, but did you try the Wish Center in Renton? That is where I had my RNY August 25th and I am down 92 #s so far. I was stuck in Insurance Hell, even tried to get new insurance, one thing after another, then I decided to refinance my house. It was that important to me. Just keep trying, call everyone....I know there is still some Drs who will accept medicaid, or they should. Good Luck, keep your chin up, it will all be worth the fight, believe me.. Hilda
Holly M.
on 2/16/04 11:32 am
I know the WISH center does not accept medicaid. Been there done that! It was hard to find a doc. that does.
Most Active