Banded on Dec. 6 - am STUCK at 25 lb. loss for 5 weeks - DEPRESSED>

Linda P.
on 2/15/04 1:25 am - Marysville, WA
I am in tears this morning - feeling depressed and a failure. I am going to an orthopedic surgeon on Wed. - to have the Bakers cyst behind my left knee looked at. Was just getting into the treadmill - thinking that would move my weight down. I need a meeting in the Everett area of Wa. for Band patients - the two people I have written to as contacts are not responding (it has been over two weeks). I don't know what to do to get out of this 5 week STUCK thing - I just had my first adjustment two weeks ago and am hoping for another one at the end of this month. Should I be following a certain diet? I have avoided sugar on advise of my surgeon - no more than 6 gr. per meal but the Atkins thing never worked for me before and I am wondering if that is my problem now. I am now considering going off protein (seems like addt'l calories to a gal who wants to start losing again.) Please - I need help and good advise - I don't want this to be all I lose. Fivew weeks seems alittle long to be at a standstill - so early on ....Desperate Linda
catly
on 2/15/04 12:29 pm - Everett, WA
Hi, First of all, I would think that eating less protein would be counterproductive, since the pouch rules advise us to get our protein in first. I am not aware of any support groups especially for those who have had the lap band, however, there are a couple lists that announce meetings for wls support in general, and I would think you would be welcome at any of these meetings, and the people there might have more info for you. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ossg-nw/ http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EMOSS/ are both very helpful groups for info in our area. Hope this helps. LM
debby H.
on 2/22/04 1:26 am - portland, OR
Whoa! Don't be feeling that way till you find out what's really causing you to stay at this weight...... also, feeling depressed is very common after having any type of surgery.... Linda, I know there is a support group for folks who have had the Band surgery in Kirkland, Wash.... I believe it's on the second Tuesday each month.... Check out the website for the Evergreen Bariatric Surgical Center... (you can go thru this website to get there- "find a surgeon" or "find a facility" ) if that's too far for you to do I'm sure someone at the doctor's offices up there would know of another group in the state..... DO NOT go off protein ! That is essential for your health and well being. Keep coming to the message board.... you'll find someone with the info you need here... you might try going to the main message board, you will probably get a response in minutes there.... check it out.... Lastly, I'm really sorry your'e down now, it's probably a big let-down for you to not just drop the weight continuously... but don't give up now! Everyone's body reacts differently, but I agree 5 weeks is early, you didn't say how much you've lost.... so I really cant even guess if you're doing "well" or not.... remember, this isn't a contest- the main thing is how you feel, physically, and the loss will come if you are responsible about WHAT and HOW MUCH food you put in your mouth..... Do you communicate with your surgeon? It seems that he/she or their office staff should have some good info for you on this..... try asking them.... Have a good day, Linda. Do something nice for YOU today.... try the main board.... debby
Most Active