Waiting for approval!

debby H.
on 2/12/04 7:47 am - portland, OR
2/12/04.....I am so excited! I had my surgical consultation with Dr David Lauter yesterday... he is a very personable man and seems to be very kind and caring as well... he said he was very pleased with all the preparation I did for our meeting. My family doctor in Portland faxed my medical records to him and he said it looked like everything was there to go ahead and take the next step- contact my insurance carrier for approval ! I do need to meet with a Psychologist and a Nutritionist and have an Ultrasound of my Gall Bladder done... no sweat.. I will have all that done before the end of the month. My doctor at home is backing me all the way with this, and will be only too happy to help me hook up with the medical professionals I need to see - I can self -refer though, but it may be better to ask my primary for referrals. I spoke to his office staff who told me they would call my carrier right away and ask for an ok for the surgery- as soon as it comes thru I will be scheduled for surgery. Looking at somewhere between 4 and 8 weeks... YES!!!! I went to the Seminar later the same evening I met with Dr Lauter... it was great... I hope I can find a support group where I live to meet with post-op. More later, I'm so burned out now, and its back to Portland tomorrow afternoon(Friday 2/13/04), back to work for the day on Saturday and then at 6 am on Sunday morning I am flying to Mexico for 5 days... Need sleep, now... later, deb
Renee S.
on 2/12/04 2:01 pm - Ellensburg, WA
Hi Deb, So do you live in WA or OR? I'm really happy for you too and hope everything goes your way. I have not been as fortunate as you. I found out 2 days ago that my policy with Group Health has bariatric surgery as a EXCLUSION! So now I'm working on my appeal. Good luck and take care. Renee Group Health Coop
Susan F.
on 2/13/04 12:58 am - WA
Yay Debby. I just knew you were going to like Dr. Lauter. Keep in touch. Susan
Most Active