Help Medication information?

miranda1
on 1/26/04 5:29 pm - salem, or
Hi Im having surgery on Feb.11th .I have tried crushing my Zoloft and my Thyroid medication. Its beyond horrible.I will be on a strict liquid diet for 2 weeks just ounces per hour .NOt enough to wash down taste anyone have this problem any suggestions on a different medication that comes chewable or liquid that I can stomach and ask dear doctor for? thanks heather
Susan F.
on 1/27/04 2:30 am - WA
Hi Heather. I am almost 3 weeks out from surgery. I am on Wellbutrin. It is also horrible. I had to be on Cipro (antibiotic) for a week and it was the most vile tasting substance I've ever had. Although it only helped a little, I mixed the crushed pill with applesauce and 2 packets of splenda. Others on this site have posted that Prozac comes in liquid form. If you can't handle the crushed Zoloft, maybe you could try that. My surgeon said that I could start taking small pills at 4 weeks post op so am looking forward to that. Good luck to you on your surgery! Susan
Janet J.
on 1/29/04 11:10 am - Bothell, Wa
Dear Heather; I am 2 1/2 weeks out and also had to have liquid meds. I take Prozac, it does come in liquid, but my Dr. said just mix powder in the capsules or the crushed pills into liquids. I bought sugar-free syrup (like the ones to flavor coffee) and I just mixed any meds. I have to take with the syrup, about 1/4 oz. and swallow. Not too bad. Better than just a sip of water. Syrup slides down the throat. I follow with a sip of water. Hope this helps. Janet
D J.
on 1/29/04 12:26 pm - somewhere, GA
Hi Heather...I just read today someone posted saying they crush their pills and put them in peanut butter and said it tasted pretty good. Good luck!
miranda1
on 1/29/04 1:32 pm - salem, or
Thanks doctor said Im off limits to anything but clear liquids for 2 weeks. darn but thanks for the info
cindy E.
on 1/31/04 10:17 pm - hudson, FL
I went to my pharmacist asked him about liquid or patches for my presriptions. Some they could do, but not thyroid. At the support group a lot of people take thyroid and say that they can get it down ok. I do not know about Zoloft, they may have a patch or liquid or a different type of med. Good luck to you. I haven't had my surgery yet. I'm in appeal process. Cindy
miranda1
on 2/1/04 2:01 am - salem, or
Hi Cindy, Thank you for the info! Who are you in the appeal process with? i had 2 with cigna its so hard and stressful.If i can help let me know hugs heather
Alexis C.
on 2/4/04 5:57 am - Puyallup, WA
Hi Heather, I am also on Zoloft. I found that instead of crushing them, they are small enough to cut up and take. If I have protein first, then take them, I don't have a tummy ache. Also, try mixing powders with V-8 juice. I do that with my anti-biotics and it works fine, hardly any taste of the pills. Good luck
miranda1
on 2/4/04 9:20 am - salem, or
Thanks so much Tomato Juice wow sounds acidic? Ill try when Im a few weeks out Heather
Most Active