2 weeks post op and doing good

Dani B.
on 1/24/04 6:50 am - WA
Hello to all of you! I have made it to my 2 weeks post op and I feel really good. I have lost 33lbs and can tell in certain areas. I am having some trouble getting all my water in and my proteins but I keep on pushing and pushing so I know eventually it will happen. I am able to get up and down pretty easy. The pain isnt what it was 4 days ago. the only real pain I have now is the pain trying to get off the couch or my back hurting when I try to sleep. I am finally being able to lay a little on my side with a pillow proped under my stomach. I can walk pretty good and for a distance too, which I am glad for. I have gone to the market and have walked around the store 3-4 times to make sure I get my excercise. I go back to work on February 2, 2004, I feel I could go back Monday but I am going to go ahead and wait to besure I am well rested, although I am bored to death being home.
miranda1
on 1/26/04 5:31 pm - salem, or
Oh thats wonderful!! My surgery is comming up on feb.11th.Im glad your feeling well. Blessings Heather
Susan F.
on 1/27/04 2:34 am - WA
Hi Dani. I'm glad that you are doing so well. My surgery was the day before yours and I am doing well also. It's hard to get the food in but I'm not complaining. I am down 18.5 pounds so not as much as you but am still happy with my results. Yay to us! Susan
Alexis C.
on 2/4/04 5:53 am - Puyallup, WA
Hi Dani, I am 3 weeks post op and feel as you do. I had to have the top part of my incision reopened and drained, as I had fluid build up that was excruciating. Dr. Oh opened it, drained it and cut out the bad stuff. My hubby has to clean out the "hole" and put neosporin inside twice a day. I can't do it...yuck. I am healing ok, and it is painful, but that is all that hurts. My incision etc. doesn't hurt anymore and I sleep all night now. I am also struggling with the water and proteins. I found out real quickly how tastebuds change... I went from liking some to hating them in a week. I now have a variety of proteins from different sources. I have to have proteins that are very thin. I also use Carbfit milk product from the milk section. It only has 2 grams of sugar and 12 grams of protein in one cup. I mix it in with my proteins. I have not dumped so I guess I am doing alright. I have lost about 30 lbs as well. I am on a plateau right now, stuck on 282 for a week now. I try to walk but it's sooo cold out. I do my share of walking up and down stairs and doing things around the house. Hope that counts. Well, keep it up. Have faith. We will get through it. One more wee****il I get to eat... not that I have time. I feel like I eat/drink 24/7 with just trying to get in proteins/water and liq. vitamins. hahaha. God Bless.
Most Active