Insurance not approving wls?

Ronda E.
on 1/23/04 2:18 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
I am looking for individuals who are struggling to get their health insurer to cover bariatric surgery. If this is you, or someone you know, please send an email to [email protected] this weekend only! Thanks for all your help. Ronda Einbinder ObesityHelp.com Public Relations
Trish G.
on 1/23/04 12:42 pm - Tacoma, WA
I used to have Premera Blue Cross and they have an "ironclad" exclusion for Bariatric surgery, so I switched to Group Health but they say I am not "sick" enough to get it done. Hope this helps with your research.
Jan'a M.
on 1/25/04 12:25 pm - Salt Lake City, UT
Hi Ronda, I am have been stuggling to get my insurance which is BCBS value care to pay and they say no due to the exclusion in my contract. Yet they just paid for my son to have a $30,000.00 VNS system implanted in my son for seizures. Go figure since the device's batteries will have to be changed every 6 to 8 years and he is still having to take seizure medication. Not to mention that this device might not even work! We won't even know for 6 months or a year! Please tell me you have some new information to help me fight them. Or if there is anything that I can do to help you please let me know I am more than willing. Best Personal Reards, Jan'a Maughan [email protected]
Shelly N.
on 1/27/04 10:39 am - Aberdeen, WA
Ronda, I have been fighting for coverage for quite some time. I have First Choice Health Network through my husband's union. It is a written exclusion "regardless of diagnosis". I have gone to great lenghts to get coverage from other companies, but unless you have been in business for yourself for at least one year in the state of WA, insurance companies with Gastric Bypass coverage won't establish a contract with you. Unfortunatly, paying for the surgery out of pocket is not an option. I am so frustrated, I cry on a daily basis, but I am as stubborn as a mule and won't give up. This fat lady isn't ready to sing yet. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you, Shelly Nations
Most Active