The BC/BS of Illinois run around

latzylove
on 1/9/04 10:52 am - Tacoma, WA
Has anyone got the run around from BC/BS Of Illinois for Lap Gastric Bypass? It seems like they "request more information" so I send them what they want. Then they send a letter back requesting additional info so I send them that, then they want something else!! I have now done this 3 times and I am so frustrated! Now they want 6 months of chart notes from my doctor of the doctor supervised diets I have been on. I am tired of the run around I have sent them so much stuff and I know their criteria and I meet it!I have decided to use the www.obesitylaw.com attorney. Have any of you had this problem with the insurance Co? Have you used the obesitylaw Attorney? Any Ideas on what I should do?
Carol C.
on 1/11/04 10:03 pm - Bothell, WA
Latzy, I would like to encourage you... As long as they are asking for information they have not denied you. The six month thing is going nation wide. So if anyone is thinking of this surgery they need to make sure the doctor has weighed them every month for six months and that you have told your doctor that you have been dieting and excersing w/o success. Keep providing the information and you will be approved.. Good luck... Let me know when you are approved. Big Hugs Carol
Most Active