Medicare might make me wait for years, what do I do?

catly
on 1/6/04 1:07 pm - Everett, WA
Hi, Yesterday I was able to talk to someone at UW. They had not received my pcp's referral, so I guess I need to call over about that. I thought it went over in November. This person also told me that Medicare has a long waiting list and it might be two or more years before they could get to me. She suggested that I get the hernia repair done now and wait for the wls. I could weigh 400-some pounds by then, even by eating less. I just seem to gain no matter what I do; slow metabolism, they say. Anyway, Dr. Dellinger had said he could do both at the same time, but the hernia will not wait for years either. It enlarges every now and then, though I am trying to be careful. I wonder how I could get Medicare to hurry up. This person laughed when I asked that silly question. I wonder if one can go ahead and have the surgery and let Medicare pay for it when it gets around to it, or would this not work? There is no way I could afford the surgery myself, or I would do it that way. Thanks. LM temporary email address: [email protected] domain is getting renewed.
Most Active