NEED HELP

shalanda L.
on 1/2/04 8:15 pm - tacoma, WA
HI OUT THERE IS THERE ANYONE WHO HAS HAD DR. HUNTER AS A SURGEON 1# AND WHAT ALL DO I NEED TO CONVINCE MY DR, THAT. I NEED THIS DONE I HAVE NO MED. PROBLEMS AS OF YET I'M 30 YRS BUT I AM VERY UNHAPPY AND WANT A BETTER QUALITY OF LIFE THIS HAS BEEN A PROBLEM FOR AT LEAST 23 YRS AND IT'S TIME TO FIX IT IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO OR SUGGESTIONS I'M A OPEN BOOK THANKS.
Trish G.
on 1/3/04 4:42 am - Tacoma, WA
I just had a consult with Dr. Hunter and found him to be very informative and kind. I haven't scheduled to have the surgery yet because as we all know it is extremely expensive if your insurance won't cover it. I have actually been to 3 different surgeons just to be sure. As far as your doctor going along with it , you really have to have a doc who is sympathetic and believes in the surgery. I too do not have any severe medical conditions (YET) but at my weight I still qualify for the surgery. Who is your doctor? Email me and maybe we can talk further about doc's around here that will be more supportive. So far my doctors have been very supportive for me to use this as a preventative alternative to getting really sick later. Good Luck.
Alexis C.
on 1/3/04 9:49 pm - Puyallup, WA
Hi Trish, Like you, I had no significant health problems. My doctor was the one who asked me first if I was interested in getting WLS. He understood my problems of continual weight loss/gain. I have a great PCP and he did all he could to get me approved by my ins. I can say that all of the different doctors I had to deal with to get approved were behind me 100% of the way and agreed with the use of WLS. Keep the faith and don't give up. This is your life that is at stake here. Good Luck.
shalanda L.
on 1/16/04 11:06 pm - tacoma, WA
hi trish thanks for your reply i have'nt checked in for a while and i am really happy to see your message i've been somewhat discouraged i've shared with a few friends and they haven't been to happpy with me going to this extrem but i just i think this is best for me. thanks for your support.
Susan F.
on 1/4/04 2:24 am - WA
Hi Shalanda. I did not have Dr. Hunter as my surgeon, but a friend of mine is a nurse at St. Francis. She takes care of the post-op patients of Dr. Hunter. She says that she really likes the care that Dr. Hunter gives and would use him for her surgery if she needed it.
Most Active