Out-of-towner with date, looking for helpful hints

Lisette R.
on 12/30/03 4:14 am - Fairbanks, AK
Good day everyone, I have a pre-op visit at St. Francis on 01/16/04, my surgery is scheduled 01/20/04. So I wanted to use the bus system for the first couple of days and perhaps walk. Like a lot of people I will be staying at the extended stay america. So I was wondering what helpful hints you can give or would you suggest that. I will be using a rental car from the 19th on. But was wondering if I needed it sooner. If you have any hints or suggestions please let me know. Thank you
(deactivated member)
on 12/30/03 9:59 am - Olympia, WA
Great news on your upcoming surgery date Wish I could help answer questions on the bus system. I'm not sure how close the Extended Stay America is, to know how easy it will be to catch the bus. You may want to talk to the doctor about when you'll get released to drive. It was several weeks for me. I had to be totally off pain meds before he would allow it.
Carol K.
on 12/31/03 7:05 am - Lynnwood, WA
I also have to travel to see Dr. Oh, so I don't have any real answers for you. I just wanted to encourage you and welcome you to Washington State... if even for a week! I wish I lived closer so I could visit you, but my surgery is on the 6th... I may not be up to par myself by your date. You take care and let us know how things are progressing! ~Carol~
astrutt920
on 1/7/04 4:08 pm - Tacoma, WA
Lisette - Here is what I found for a bus schedule for you. You can go to the transit site at www.transit.metrokc.gov and put in your starting and ending points, as well as time you need to travel. Looks like you have to transfer once, but the total trip will take about 45 minutes. 14 min. on the first bus, Route 187, 15 minutes between and then 12 minutes on the 2nd bus, Route 182. Have to walk 1/10 of a mile to catch the bus and then another 1/10 to get to the hospital. Be careful, the hospital is up a slight bit of a hill. The bus will only cost you $1.25 each way, but make sure to get a transfer slip. Good luck!
Most Active