Last alternative

Annette W.
on 12/17/03 4:41 am - Federal Way, wa
What individual insurance company will cover Bariatric Surgery? I was denied 3 times with Group Health Copperative and switch to find out my other insurance does not cover it which is Regence Blue Shield without any fighting chance, it is not in the policy. If you have sever asthma no matter how much medications you show that you cannot breath. Your not dead yet to be helped by the insurance company. I think you have to be at that state before they help you. Just to let everyone know, I have left a Letter about obesity to Senator Patty Murray, Governor lock, State congress and I signed also the petition. If the petition pass people that pay out of pocket I wonder if we get reimbursed? Hmmm... People like us never wanted or even asked to be in this postion and yet insurance companies cover people that drink and smoke and drug addicts.
Mike W.
on 12/17/03 9:42 am - Marysville, Wa
I wish you luck we are self-employed with Regence. we had to pay up front, 25000.00 our cards are maxed but I have a hubby on the road to happiness. I could not find any small group or indi. policy that covered. Medicare does pay if you have no assets. we did get some of the costs covered for the pre-op stuff, because he started having chest pains, luckily it was the heat (we were in las vegas this summer) good luck
Carol K.
on 12/17/03 9:44 am - Lynnwood, WA
I have United HealthCare, EPO. It is through a group, though. So every policy would have to be examined to see if there are any exclusions. Good luck in finding a carrier that will help you.
Janet J.
on 12/20/03 6:14 am - Bothell, Wa
Hi; don't know your age but, I'm on Soc.Sec. disability. So that's Medicare, but with an HMO Secure Horizions (PacificCare). I was approved with them in 2 weeks. Don't know if this will help you or not. Good Luck, we all deserve a better life. Jan
debby H.
on 1/20/04 12:33 am - portland, OR
I have already signed the petition, but i somehow managed to lose the web-address for the petition site.... do you have that? I am working on getting friends and family to sign.... we really need to all work together on this and it WILL happen, maybe not for us, but for those who come after...
Most Active