several questions and concerns, please respond

catly
on 12/5/03 6:54 pm - Everett, WA
Hi, Well, I have officially had my primary dr. forward a referral to my surgeon and I was, of course, warned about possible insurance hassles, but they said they'd do whatever they can because I have several serious comorbidities. But then, the minute I mention this to another human besides my husband I am told about this tummy stimulator that is supposed to be coming out and is now being used in Europe that they say is as effective as wls and not as invasive. Anyone know the real scoop on this implantable gastric stimulator, IGS? Does anyone know if any foods are already prepared in small sizes for bariatric patients? I'm not into doing lots of recipes and stuff. Thanks. Please let me know about this stuff now that I made my decision for real. Thanks. Lauren
(deactivated member)
on 12/7/03 10:17 am - Olympia, WA
Hi Lauren, From what I have read on this stimulator is it's just now in testing in the US, and I would expect it won't be available to the US for years. The FDA will have to approve it, then additional testing before it ever goes into service here. On your second question, I don't know of any prepackaged foods. But you will be able to eat many of the foods you currently do, just much smaller portions. I don't cook any differently, I consume differently. Best of luck to you on your adventure Cindy in Olympia
Susan F.
on 12/7/03 12:54 pm - WA
As far as pre-packaged foods go, how about the meat baby foods? My surgery is scheduled for January and I have bought a few of the strained meats. They are pretty bland but could be spiced up a bit. People have also suggested that you freeze pureed foods in ice cube trays and have 1-2 at each meal. Lots of changes in store for us, but good ones I hope. Take care, Susan
Carol K.
on 12/8/03 7:43 am - Lynnwood, WA
Susan... when is your surgery in January? Mine is Jan. 6th at noon at St. Joseph's in Fed. Way. Just thought we might be surgery twins... or at least close! Best of luck to you and enjoy the holidays! ~Carol~
Most Active