I am in Deep mourning!!!

BOBOKITTY
on 12/4/03 12:47 pm - MD
It has finally come to me after all of the wonderful responses I received from my last post. I am in deep mourning. I have loss my best friend. FOOD. It never dawned on me before that I abused food the way I did. I never realized how much I depended on food until now. I find that as soon as I am stressed good or bad I am ready to reach for something to shove in my mouth. So I had to find something else. It is still hard no matter how much I try and divert my attention to something else,but at least it is a start. I bought the Gazelle Elite by Tony Little and now when I am stressed good or bad I HOP on Tony and ride into the sunset. I just wanted to say thank you all so much for your kind words and heartfelt emails. I know this is just the begining for me and that things will get better. I am slowly but surely learning the meaning "Patience is a Virtue". Adrienne
catly
on 12/4/03 7:57 pm - Everett, WA
Hi, I am sorry you are having such a hard time. I am afraid I will, too. You're not alone, and I haven't even had the surgery yet. I am so out of it regarding exercise and stuff that I don't know what the Gazelle is. What exactly is it? I am guessing it is not a bike or treadmill; that's the only things I am familiar with and I sold mine a long time ago because they were too noisy when we lived on an upper floor in apartments. Now I'm in a mobile home and could have kept them. Oh well, we never know. I am worrying about how I will deal with not having my favorite foods, plus the fact that when I am eating is when I feel less anxious and my stomach feels better. And, nearly all social occasions, especially holidays, are around food. How do we handle that? I mean, here I am worrying about the risks of the surgery, and that's one whole scary thing, but how do we change how we deal with food? Like, what groups can we join? I do have other things I can do instead of eating, like reading, crocheting, playing with the cats, playing music, etc, but that refrigerator--and the cupboard--and now it's so easy to order groceries online. The first time I ordered groceries online, when my husband was in the hospital, I ordered mostly junk food--because I could! I don't like diet foods. I don't like cardboard-tasting stuff. Tonight, one of the more realistic things I said was that if I do this surgery, we'll save a lot on food. Not that I eat more than he does I really do not. He is as skinny as I am not, but he can eat more and people have seen him do it! I told him tonight he could order something when we ate out and I wouldn't need to and just eat a bite or two of his meal. But then I 'd never be able to choose what we were going to have. What would I do while he's eating? Crochet in a restaurant; I've done it before I guess. How will I keep from being angry at my husband and others who can have whatever they want and theyre all eating goodies and I'm socially, not really with them when they do that? Sorry to ramble but these are things I am concerned about. Will I be able to have anything I like, since most of what I really like is fattening? Thanks Lauren
Most Active