Just waiting...

Carol K.
on 11/26/03 3:57 am - Lynnwood, WA
Now I just wait and see when my surgery will be. All the tests are done. Tentative surgery date of January 6. At least I'll be able to enjoy all my daughter's good cooking tomorrow. Everyone have a blessed and grateful Thanksgiving holiday! Bye for now...
MarjN
on 12/1/03 12:10 pm - Maple Valley, WA
Carol, I know how you feel. I have a tentative date of January 8th. They are checking the other surgeons @ UW hospital to see if any have free time to assist earlier, if so I might have a December date. With a January date we get to enjoy Christmas & New Years too But I would give up all of it easily for an early Christmas present. Marj
Carol K.
on 12/3/03 7:19 am - Lynnwood, WA
Amen, Marj! I'd trade the holidays for my "Grand Opening" any day!! Let me know if you go in earlier! ~Carol~
Carla A.
on 12/3/03 7:36 am - Burlington, WA
Carol.. Your time will go by so fast. Seems like it was just last week that I went to the indoc (Was in Aug) and I am having my surgery next Tues, the 9th... It has just flown by. Enjoy your 'final' holiday meal while you can!! I have 4 weeks of solid clear liquids before my dr will put me on anything more. Good luck on your fantastic voyage!! ~~Carla
Carol K.
on 12/4/03 9:31 am - Lynnwood, WA
Carla... Dr. Oh?? I recognized the clear liquid routine! Are you getting nervous yet? Just remember what Dr. Fajardo told me... "The best outcomes with this surgery are with those who pray and have a positive attitude." I'll be praying... you keep smiling!! ~Carol~
Carla A.
on 12/5/03 6:06 am - Burlington, WA
Carole.. you had Dr Oh as well? Isn't he great? I kind of dread the clear liquid ..not so much for having to do it but, for that length of time which actually includes 5 weeks.. this week before surgery I have been on them as well. So, far I have been having broth, sf popsicles, sf jello and sf juices. Can you add anything else that I might be able to have? ANYTHING!?!?! Its going to be along month. I may be attacking relatives at the dinner table on Christmas... ~~Carla
Carol K.
on 12/7/03 11:44 am - Lynnwood, WA
Carla... You mean we have to be on clear fluids the week before surgery too??? Oh well, champangne is a clear fluid, right?? (Just kiddin' as New years is in the week before my surgery!) Seriously, I think you about have the whole list there of clear fluids. One thing that I did was to buy a snow shaver (like for Hawaiian ice) that I plan to use to add variety to my fluids... slushies, snow cones, etc. However, this time of year, don't forget hot tea by the fire! But then again, I guess we aren't suppose to drink tea either?? Your surgery is this Tuesday? I wish you no (or manageable) pain and a quick recovery. Just remember to get up and move, smile, and keep thinking about how much you'll appreciate all this ... in a couple weeks! You'll have a great Christmas. You'll do fine... and you will probably only WANT clear fluids as a postie! Please keep us informed about your progress! ~Carol~
Most Active