Trying to schedule a LAPBAND. I live in Kitsap Co

Mary B.
on 11/21/03 1:25 pm - wa
Hi I would love to talk with someone who has had, or is in the process of getting a lapband. I've gone to Dr Fox's seminar, but am now thinking about seeing Dr. Oh . Anyone dealt with either of these Dr.'s? My insurance does not cover surgery, so am planning on Mexico, hopefully in January. Anyone with advice for me? Gone to Mexico for the lapband? I live in Olalla. Thanks!
Susan F.
on 11/23/03 12:34 pm - WA
Hello. A patient who comes to my clinic had a Lap-Band put in while in Mexico. She was thrilled with the physician who performed the surgery and couldn't have been happier with the hospital. She said that it was exceptionally clean and that the nurses were very kind. She is down about 50 pounds in 4 months. She is part of an on-line support group but I don't know where. She has referred three friends who have also had it done. She said that it cost only about $8500.00. She has had two fills done locally but I'm not sure where. I hope that this helps. Susan
sherrimac
on 11/24/03 3:21 am - Everett, WA
Hi, I'm in Snohomish County, and I'm going to have lap band surgery this Saturday with Dr. Ortiz at www.obesitycontrolcenter.com . He's a doctor that has done alot of the training for the docs in the states, and is a CNN correspondent. Heard great things about him and his staff. I'm a self-pay too, for about $8900 plus airfare to San Diego and back. Going down Friday afternoon, coming back Tuesday night. I could come back Monday, but it was $100 less on Tuesday. Good Luck! Sherri
Carol K.
on 11/24/03 6:52 am - Lynnwood, WA
I know that Dr. Oh does the lapband procedure. Even if you have the initial surgery done elsewhere, it's good to know of some names of local doctors that are familiar with the procedure for aftercare and re-fills, etc.
Mary B.
on 11/24/03 1:24 pm - wa
Thanks to you all for your replies! It is all so encouraging! I did find out that Dr. Oh will do follow-up and fills if you go to Mexico for the band, that right there I think is a good thing, I've heard nothing but good about him. The very best of luck to you, Sherri, on your surgery.....it's almost there!!! Please let us know your progress! This board is great, I'm so happy to have found it. I'm SO ready to have this done, and finding a bit of support is wonderful......thanks again! Mary
Nancy W.
on 11/30/03 4:47 am - Selah, WA
Mary, I went to Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey, Mx. and loved him and his staff. I am trying to start a support group here in Selah/Yakima area now. Please give me a call if I can be of further help. Where is Olalla? I can't even find it in my atlas. 509-697-9084 or cell 509-910-3234. You'll do fine. Bye,Nancy. PS I have some pictures of Mexico I'd like to share with you.
Tammy P.
on 12/3/03 8:18 am - Post Falls, ID
Mary, I just had lap rny in Monterrey Mexico. It is the best place on EARTH to have surgery! The doctors and nurses and all staff are so caring! My good friend had the lap band done there and said you can contact her anytime! Email me and I will give you her name and number and email address! She loves to rave about them!--Tammy
Most Active