Question for anyone who was on or on now,the Dr 6mo supervised diet

por2geegurl
on 11/20/03 3:17 pm - Tacoma, WA
What was your diet like when you finished?(i'm on the 1600lowcal/low carb/diabetic2) was there always a poundage lost each month? I weigh in every month and my 6mo will be up in Jan 04 I started out at 240 and now weigh in at 219..is that enough for my insurance company (Aetna) to see?? I just cant wait till Jan to start my packet to try and get approved for surgery..I have fulfilled all their requirments they asked of. what more could they come up with to denie me? just looking ahead...Thanks! Shauna
Elisabeth C.
on 12/1/03 12:31 pm - Federal Way, WA
Hi, Shauna! I have been battling Cigna Insurance for a while now and am part of a group called "[email protected]". We're all having the same problems with insurance, namely Cigna. I don't know about Aetna but Cigna says that if you are able to lose 10% of your excess weight on a supervised diet (like you're on) then you don't need the surgery. Their belief is that 10% is enough to reduce your obesity-related problems and that's good enough for them. What is your BMI at your new weight? Are you still over 40? One thing we've run into with Cigna is that they change their requirements each time you submit an appeal. My surgeon submitted all the required paperwork and I was denied. I received my denial letter and sent in everything they wanted plus more on an appeal, which they denied also. I've now hired a lawyer in CA who specializes in people who are denied by their insurance for this surgery. Let me know how it goes! Elisabeth
Diane G.
on 12/10/03 10:17 am - Dacula, GA
Elisabeth, I have Cigna HMO and trying to get my 2-26 weeks of phys controlled diets out of the way. I have only lost 2 lbs in 7 weeks on wwatchers it fluctuates. I have no major help probs other than bmi 43 and family history of blood pressure can youadvise me on what Ishould do proactivley? Just getting a referral approved for the pshyc visit was a 5 hour ordealover the phone overa 5 day period. Please help , Diana
Most Active