Any one have Aetna ins here in WA?

por2geegurl
on 11/10/03 2:24 pm - Tacoma, WA
I'm trying to find out if anyone here locally have had any problems with Aetna after fulfilling all thier requirments of WLS and had to appeal or hire a lawyer that they have filled all criteria and didnt back down? I will be finishing my 6mo diet in Jan 04 and will have filled all thier requirements I have to meet and was hoping I dont have to deal with fighting for what I deserve. anyways just being curios and already have my appeal letter..or should I say packet ready to take off...anyways I will be going into surgery on the 21st of this month just wi**** was for WLS and not on my shoulder...wish me luck! Thumbs up to all you losers..and good luck to everyone! can anyone tell I love these little emotions..too cute!
toolio
on 11/11/03 8:49 am - Kingston, wa
HI Shauna, I have Aetna and had just a small battle. At first, we asked for the LapBand, and they denied because they said I didn't fill the requirements. I called my Medical Director (the guy on the case at Aetna) daily because I DID DEFINITELY meet the requirements. So-in the midst of this arguring, I decided to change my surgery to RNY and Dr. Oh agreed to talk to Aetna on my behalf. When Dr. Oh talked to Aetna, they approved me for both the RNY and LapBand. So I didn't have to do an official appeal. I was lucky enough to have Dr. Oh in my corner!! Good luck!
por2geegurl
on 11/13/03 4:02 am - Tacoma, WA
Wow! I hope I dont have to go through any of that..I just have to finish my 6mo diet (jan)and I'm doing everything to a T! well sounds like I have a GREAT dr also..I am also a patient of Dr Oh's. lets hope things turn out smoothly. Thanks for your reply..
Most Active