7 days post op and I have a seroma

kathyg
on 11/6/03 10:55 am - Shelton, Wa
Well I went to the Dr today to have staples removed was so excited I lost 22 lbs, then when they were done with the staples I stood up and fluid gushed out I have a seroma has anyone had one before ?? any advice ?? I feel this is my punishment for having the surgery with zero pain afterwards.
(deactivated member)
on 11/7/03 10:44 pm - Olympia, WA
Hi, It's best to ask your surgeon to clarify this for you. But I do believe seroma is a build up of fluids behind the wound. Possibly when they removed the staples it was an outlet for the fluid to come out. I had the area between my bottom two staples leak fluid for a couple of weeks. I had all the staples removed, then about a week later a small area opened up on my incision line. I was looking at it, pushed on the edge of it and it just gushed. Freaked me out. Called the doctor and he said keep doing that, LOL. So I did, carefully. He said keep the area clean, covered lightly. It healed on it's own within 3 weeks. But call your surgeon, get their advice. They may want to see you or check up on you with that.
Vickie D.
on 11/10/03 2:13 am - Kent, WA
How often does that happen? Vickie
Most Active