Frustrated with my Insurance Company

latzylove
on 11/5/03 12:40 pm - Tacoma, WA
Today I called my insurance co BC/BS of Illinois to see the status of my authorization. They said they need documentation of Physician supervised weight loss programs I have tried in the past year! I don't know about all of you but I have been on so many damn diets that I didn't run an tell my Doc about that I can't keep up!!! I am feeling really down today. I know I shouldn't loose hope. Have any of you had to provide this info to your insurance co? Any suggestions?
JoyC
on 11/6/03 8:22 am - Federal Way, WA
Hi Latzy, I just wanted you to know that I also have bc/bs of Illinois and while they approved me the first time around they denied my husband for exactly the reason you are stating. Only with him they said he needed a 6 month physician supervised weight loss program. So right now he is wasting $12 a month to go to WW just so he can go to his pcp in 6 months and say ok I tried this and it didn't work. After that time I suppose we will then appeal it. I understand how frustrating it can be, we were very confused as to why they would approve me no questions asked but deny him. I think they are starting to come up with more stringent rules because of how many people are having this surgery done. I count myself among one of the lucky ones. Good luck to you Joy rny 8/19/03 -51 lbs
Most Active